OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

OMSK Space Products

It's a little mod contains two american launch vehicles. But a group of people wich are making all these things has a great plans! We are working on a historical slockalike crafts for Niemand's Road To Kosmos mod. Take a look!

Also, there won't be only historical things, we are also going to make some stockalike parts made only by our minds, not by historical persons.

Members of the OMSK Space Products:

SnowWhite - That's me! I am a 3D-Modeller

SpcAnn- Great texturer

CatDog- 3D-Modeller and nice guy!

People who made a contribution to the mod:

Beale- Textures for Atlas LV and lot's help with unity things

BobCat- Help with unity

Niemand303- Configs and jokes about bread

Download

Fuel tanks without USAF logo

Omich-L beta

Mods which use OMSK:

jHRqlyc.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by SnowWhite

Beautiful! (and wonderfully whimsical) Are you going to make a stock-a-like Centaur stage to go with it?

It's a question to discuss since historical parts are made mostly for my mod. I'd give it a go, but I think it won't be of much use in stock Kerbin and, after all, I've already loaded with lots of work (shame on me, yeah). There is going to be several more historical launchers and other stuff. It's not for me to decide, I suppose. :)

The tank is great, and the textures look rather stockalike indeed! But I think the engines need more work to bring up to the quality they should be at. The engine bells look just too cartoony. Otherwise it looks great!

Thanks! I'll take a think about it.

These looks very good. I especially like the fairing-like thing around the engine that holds another two engines. Well done!

That's great you enjoy it!:D

Beautiful! (and wonderfully whimsical) Are you going to make a stock-a-like Centaur stage to go with it?

Yes, I guess. The only trouble is the texture, but we can probably use Atlas-texture.

Some quick feedback for discussion.

The decoupler at the bottom for ejecting the booster engines is currently too high in the tech tree IMHO. I moved it down to general rocketry on my install. The issue is that by the time I get there in the tech tree I don't need the Atlas anymore. I need that decoupler down somewhere near the other Atlas parts so that I can use it when I am going for orbit the first time otherwise I would just never use the Atlas at all.

I am not sure what all or you people think about this but that is just my two cents.

Will you do a kerbalized entire atlas series because that would be amazing! Like an RD-180 kerbalized all the way through Atlas V.
That would be the coolest thing ever! Someone should do that!

As I've told in RtK thread, later Russian-propelled Atlases weren't planned initially, since the branch merging was planned later than IRL (in the RL timeline it would be something like '10-'20s). If you play opening both branches at the same time it may be possible to make around Tier 7 with RD-17x/18x/19x discovered, but if you play one branch at a time you will have to stick with the chosen side only. :)

Will you do a kerbalized entire atlas series because that would be amazing! Like an RD-180 kerbalized all the way through Atlas V.

Now we need to finish Titan, crew capsule and solve one BIG problem (I think it's nealy solved). And then I will be able to make everything you want! Promise!:)

Now we need to finish Titan, crew capsule and solve one BIG problem (I think it's nealy solved). And then I will be able to make everything you want! Promise!:)

I will be watching closely now. I've always wanted the entire atlas rocket family.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.