White Owl's video series discussion thread

White Owl

Hi Matt, just wanted to say I really enjoy your videos and I've watched them all. All the work you put into editing - time slicing, launch counters, etc are very much appreciated. Also, I like the way you post *all* missions, not just the successful ones. It makes it more exciting to watch because we never really know what to expect. I laughed like a madman at your last episode when that poor kerbal started cartwheeling into a crater on the south pole of the mun. A shame he didn't survive to continue on with the mission but it was worth it.

Anyway I hope the issues with Youtube are sorted out and you can post more videos. I'd love to see a successful outcome to the Mun rover / Munolith discovery mission.

I REALLY want to see GRUNT-45 in action again. I miss that behemoth of a spacecraft. Just replace the C7 fuel tanks and turborockets with the stock tanks and turbojets, give GRUNT a MechJeb and give OXCART an EVA-capable cockpit (Mk1 recommended).

I REALLY want to see GRUNT-45 in action again. I miss that behemoth of a spacecraft. Just replace the C7 fuel tanks and turborockets with the stock tanks and turbojets, give GRUNT a MechJeb and give OXCART an EVA-capable cockpit (Mk1 recommended).

Agreed. I've gotten some amazing things off the ground with just stock parts in 0.16. GRUNT was a huge part of the last video series. I know we can see the old fellow flying again!

um hi white owl

could y ou pleas upload grunt 45 and roc 75 but in zip files as i cant run . craft on my mac

You are stupid. You place craft files in KSP/Ships/SPH or VAB, depending on if you want horizontal or vertical launch, respectively.

You are stupid. You place craft files in KSP/Ships/SPH or VAB, depending on if you want horizontal or vertical launch, respectively.

Nice way of treating a new member to the forum, not everyone knows as much as you do.

Anyway, Scraggz has missed something because of the 0.17 update. You now have save files so you put the ships in there instead unless you want them to be accessible to all users.

He is generally right though wmu3182 and welcome to the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Although you want to return to sandbox, the lack of science text like "You have found a mysterious green substance" may take away from the atmosphere. If you want to combat this, just edit your save file to get a large amount of science (I believe the minimum for Yargnit's tree is about 30k) to unlock all the parts. Basically, sandbox with science text.

Only downside is if you want to add new parts, you must research them individually (but at no science cost).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.