How to load hundreds of Kerbals into a plane.

Years ago I used to play OGame, and I had a utility I used for 'system scans' called IMacros. Basically you'd perform and record the operation once, and then instruct IMacros to repeat it x number of times or until told to stop. It's for use in a browser though. You might however find some manner of animal out there that does something similar. ?

filling a 772-Kerbal plane

You have to tell us more about this, preferably with pictures. Umm… ok, technical challenge ahead. To do this quick and dirty, I suppose I'd find the list of prefixes and suffixes that KSP uses to generate random names, and then write a bash script to generate 772 unique names and annotate those names with the information format that KSP uses to describe a kerbal's location and statistics in the save file. Then back up your save file. Then you'd output that as text and copy/paste it into your persistent.sfs file, I guess would be simplest. The KSP namegen list suggests about (271-152)(149-53)+(35)=11458 (since there's one random name that's known hard-coded never to come up) names are possible, but there's no way to know if the game will actually support 772 kerbals. Programming this, for anyone who can do it, will definitely be much faster than creating and assigning 772 kerbals in game and probably more fun as well. Do not ask me to do this unless you're offering to pay me programmer-rate money.

Good question. I've got a ship/station design (so far unflown) that seats 3072 and have yet to load more than a couple kerbals on board during tests. The old CrewManifest mod/plugin had a button to "Fill all empty seats", so that might be a good place to start looking.

Ok, I want either of two things; 1.) A pic of this 722 Kerb plane,,, or 2.) Whatever it is you're smoking.

Don't known about Pds314, but this is a 3072-seater:

7aP4nW0.jpg

We have a 16-kerbal crew can for spaceplanes now. A 772-kerbal jumbo jet doesn't sound too far-fetched. Getting it to fly is just an exercise in mathematics and patience.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Well, if you've got "auto-hire crew before flight" enabled in your difficulty settings, you can probably just hit "fill all" and it'll generate enough Kerbals to fill the whole craft (not counting external command seats). Unless I'm wrong; I haven't got a lot of experience filling massive jumbo jets.

Can't you just hit "Fill All"?
Well, if you've got "auto-hire crew before flight" enabled in your difficulty settings, you can probably just hit "fill all" and it'll generate enough Kerbals to fill the whole craft (not counting external command seats). Unless I'm wrong; I haven't got a lot of experience filling massive jumbo jets.

I've tried this. For me it cuts off after 24 kerbals. You then have to go to the Astronaut Complex, return to the VAB and hit Fill again. Do that enough and something crashes for some reason.

Let's see a pic of that flying!

Too many parts or too much thrust. I've managed to get it up to 10,800m, after which it keeps climbing, but the game stops tracking it. Not sure if it's a bug with a particular mod or the game proper, but since it would have to work with the mods I'm using.... It'll have to get redesigned. Since you asked, though, here's part of a launch attempt (about 5 minutes into flight at that point):

JBFJb5f.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.