No operational SAS modules

Hello, every time i use a ship (post-.90) that is not driven by a Pilot, i always get this

"No operational SAS modules or pilots, cannot engage SAS"

This would be OK, except by the fact i attached a SAS to the ship, so everybody can drive it.

Why i am getting this? i have a SAS, and the pilot is a scientist

Help would be apreciatt

Just because you have a Kerbal on board doesn't mean you have a pilot. Every Kerbal has a job. They can be Pilots, Engineers, or Scientists. Only a Pilot knows how to use SAS. Who do you have on your ship? What's his name?

"This would be OK, except by the fact i attached a SAS to the ship, so everybody can drive it."

Please read the ful post.

Thanks Eddiew f for your help

"This would be OK, except by the fact i attached a SAS to the ship, so everybody can drive it."

You'll have to be more specific please if you want help. Exactly which part did you attach to the ship for SAS control? As @eddiew said, not all parts that give torque also include a control system. It's just like RCS: would you expect the ship to steer itself simply because you put RCS thrusters and monopropellant tanks on it?

In 0.90 Beta Career, Jeb can fly the ship but Bill and Bob cannot. That is why the error message appears when you press the T key. However, you can still fly the ship manually using the SAS for control response. It is just that only pilots can do so automatically.

Reaction wheels aren't SAS anymore, just sources of torque.

You need either an SAS-capable probe core, or a pilot kerbal. A little octo2 is probably the lightest option :)

What Eddiew is trying to say is 'Get a better probe core!'

Low tech probe cores do give control but can't use SAS. Just like there are skill levels for pilots there are levels for cores as well.

What Eddiew is trying to say is 'Get a better probe core!'

Low tech probe cores do give control but can't use SAS. Just like there are skill levels for pilots there are levels for cores as well.

I already fixed it, i just added a OKTO and i got SAS now, thanks for the help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.