[0.90] AA-Resource Tanks v0.4

Snarfster

Asylum Aerospace Industries - 2.5m stock-a-like resource tanks

5ZkSKyO.png

Rockomax, 2.5m sized, stock-a-like resource tanks for all your mining and refining needs.

• Uses texture switching (provided by FireSpitter - included) for resource switching;
  • Karbonite and MKS/OKS resources provided;
  • EVA repainting supported.

One size has been implemented, more under development.

90994DG.png

• Left stack from top to bottom: MonoPropellant, LiquidFuel, Minerals, Ore
  • Middle stack from top to bottom: Substrate, Water, Karbonite, Chemicals
  • Right stack from top to bottom: Metal, Polymers, RocketParts, Recyclables

As these are mainly resource tanks, not fuel tanks, they are listed under Utility.

Meet our newest addition, an 8000 litre tank for TAC-LS

9LX1w3p.png

(Note: If you do not wish to use the TAC-LS tanks, removal instructions are in the INSTALL.TXT)

Our company slogan: "Warranty void when exposed to a vacuum."

Enjoy!

-Snarfster

DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:

Kerbal Stuff: AA-Resource-Tanks

LICENSE INFORMATION:

Asylum Aeronautics Industries Resource Tanks is licensed as "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported - CC BY-SA 3.0".

Details can be found at: CC BY-SA 3.0

DEPENDENCIES:

This mod redistributes the FireSpitter.dll made by Snjo.

Link to FireSpitter: FireSpitter

This mod redistributes the Community Resource Pack by BobPalmer (RoverDude)

Link to Community Resource Pack: CRP

Change log:

Version 0.4 - 2015.03.23

• Moved tanks to "heavyRocketry" category.
  • Set initial amount for Recyclables to 0.
  • Changed the text labels so tank orientation doesn't matter.
  • Added a separate TAC-LS tank with three resource configurations.

Version 0.3 - 2015.03.15

• Corrected a typo in the part description.
  • Added text labels to the front and the back of the tanks to make EVA repainting easier.
  • Added a tank for Recyclables.

Version 0.2 - 2015.03.07

• Fixed collision mesh.

Version 0.1 - 2015.03.06

• Initial release.

Edited by Snarfster

Found a problem already, they don't collide with the ground. Repainting it fixes it somehow though.

screenshot37_zpsmauvss29.png

Also, while the repaint works for this mod, I can't get it to work for FTT Kontainer pods or Kontainers despite you saying in the FTT thread that you got it to work for the FTT stuff. The cargo pods do have repaint, but that's just the colors, not the cargo.

I'll have a look at what could be causing that collision problem.

The reason the FTT Kontainers can't be repainted is because RoverDude chose it that way. Their config file has EVARepaint set to false.

EDIT: Bug confirmed, working on it now.

Edited by Snarfster

Alright, it was an issue with not setting the "convex" flag on the collision mesh.

Fixed in version 0.2 that can be downloaded now.

(Shame on me for modifying the collision mesh and not double checking...)

Edited by Snarfster

Thank you for taking the time to create these tanks, they fit perfectly into my current style of game play :)

QLXIJwB.png

I have a couple of suggestions you might like:

1: The colours for each resource are nice and standard, but some of the darker ones can be awkward to tell apart when repainting from EVA - would it be possible to add a text label (like stencil spray painted) on to the different tank types (even though I am not colour blind, it could be a nice touch for people who are)?

For an example, check AetherGoddess' ART Hatches for CRP.

2: It would really really really be great if you could also add Recyclables to the tank selection too :)

Keep up the good work!

Glad you like it! Nice setup you have there, very much the setup I had in mind when I made them.

I like your suggestions. You are right about the type of resource not being very clear for the darker colours. I already had a look at aviation DGSL labels to make the distinction more clear. It'll be picked up. (Also I am getting a little better at unwrapping UV's in Blender so I might actually get those stencils nicely centered in the "gap".

As for recyclables, you mean a tank with only that?

I am working on a double size tank, however I noticed during texturing that I messed up with the cut-outs, so I'll have to re-do the mesh.

Additionally, a balanced TAC-LS tank is in the works. One with Food/Water/Oxygen for when that's your only life support and a second one which also has space for waste products to be used with the recyclers in TAC-LS. Basically they will set up in a way that all resources - food / water / oxygen - will run out at the same time.

Oh wow! Nice one :)

Looks like my mission for today is to change a few empty tanks into recyclables storage and go scrap and recover those crashed craft I have scattered about with my trusty engineer (not seen in my pic - there are about 6 craft crash landed in the near by area). :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...

An update is in the works.

What is to come:

A switchable tank for TAC-LS.

* Balanced Food/Oxygen/Water

* Balanced CO2/Waste Water/Waste

* Balanced Food/Oxygen/Water/CO2/Waste Water/Waste. (Yes, all of them in one tank)

An 8000 liter capacity KIS container. (2.5m inline)

ETA depends on my very limited texturing skills.

-Snarfster.

Version 0.4 has been released into the wild.

Added an 8000 liter TAC-LS tank in three different configurations.

9LX1w3p.png

Changes:

• Moved tanks to "heavyRocketry" category;
  • Set initial amount for Recyclables to 0;
  • Changed the text labels so tank orientation doesn't matter;
  • Added a separate TAC-LS tank with three resource configurations.

Edited by Snarfster

I have been using your tanks (with ModuleManager) to test out an idea for a mod I am writing - I figured you might like to see a picture:

Qw4R7cR.png

I could have used any (including stock) for my ideas, but your design and allowing EVA painting fits in perfectly with what I am playing with.

I am absolutely useless at part modelling - so would it be OK for my mod to list your parts as a recommended download as well as provide ModuleManager patches to tweak their behaviour for my mod?

Yeps I know your licence says CC BY-SA 3.0, but I still like to ask out of politeness as well as showing interest in your work!! :cool:

If I may ask a question, whare does your version of FireSpitter.dll come from? The official version only contains a 0.24.2 version and the version on on GitHub is bugged. I removed the bugs in my own version but don't understand how it can work in your version without any changes..

Edited by FreeThinker

I have been using your tanks (with ModuleManager) to test out an idea for a mod I am writing - I figured you might like to see a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/Qw4R7cR.png

I could have used any (including stock) for my ideas, but your design and allowing EVA painting fits in perfectly with what I am playing with.

I am absolutely useless at part modelling - so would it be OK for my mod to list your parts as a recommended download as well as provide ModuleManager patches to tweak their behaviour for my mod?

Yeps I know your licence says CC BY-SA 3.0, but I still like to ask out of politeness as well as showing interest in your work!! :cool:

Glad it fits your game style, always good to know I'm not the only one using them. :)

As for the permission, by all means, have fun with the parts. That's why the license is open.

If I may ask a question, whare does your version of FireSpitter.dll come from? The official version only contains a 0.24.2 version and the version on on GitHub is bugged. I removed the bugs in my own version but don't understand how it can work in your version without any changes..

Sure you may ask. It's the version that was patched for MKS/OKS and is also distributed in RoverDude's mods. The original version is indeed bugged and gives free resources upon repainting. This version empties the tank upon repainting, as it should. (If that behaviour has changed in the mean time, I'd be happy to include the "official" dll again, of course.)

- - - Updated - - -

That reminds me, someone in that thread fixed the bugs and shared it. I ought to look up that name tomorrow and give them credit for making my mod not a magic resource creator.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a small update.

Judging by the downloads, people who don't use TAC-LS download an old version of my mod. So...

I'm going to split the mod into three.

First mod will have the resource tanks.

Second will have the TAC-LS tanks.

Third will have KIS containers. (As a small teaser, an (untextured) 8000 liter container below with 3 jumbo docking ports in it.)

eU0uoAz.png

Naturally, this will be done soon.

Nice mod, but for the Liq Fuel tank but no Oxidizer tank or a LFO tank.

Also might want too add TweakScale support.

@PART[AA25TankS2]:FOR[Snarfster]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
defaultScale = 2.5
type = stack
}
}
@PART[AA25TankS2L]:FOR[Snarfster]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
defaultScale = 2.5
type = stack
}
}

screenshot7.png

I changed my MM file to read:

@PART[AA25TankS2*]:FOR[Snarfster]
{
@category = FuelTank

MODULE:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
name = TweakScale
defaultScale = 2.5
type = stack
}
}

Edited by bear67

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.