FirstPersonEVA [0.90]

codefox

This mod is deprecated as Hullcam VDS has it already implemented now. A re-code with better maneuvering abilities is planned though.

Continuing FlaccidUnicorn's FirstPersonEVA

5NytDpq.png

I've compiled FlaccidUnicorn's FirstPersonEVA mod for KSP 0.90, using the Hullcam VDS 0.90 update.

FirstPersonEVA is released under the LGPLv3, Hullcam VDS under the GPL. I've included both in the binary package, including the source code for FirstPersonEVA (HullCam.dll is distributed unmodified).

Source Code: https://github.com/flurreh/FirstPersonEVA

Binary Releases: https://github.com/flurreh/FirstPersonEVA/releases

Usage

To enable/disable the EVA camera, press "-" or "=" on your keyboard or choose "Activate Camera"/"Deactivate Camera" from the Kerbal right-click menu.

This mod adds a camera inside the Kerbal's EVA helmet. Sometimes it bugs out while using in an environment with gravity (i.e. on Kerbin), I'll look into that later tho.

Installation

Just download the binary (.tar.gz) archive and move the "FirstPersonEVA" folder inside into your KSP/GameData directory.

What's coming next?

To be honest - I don't know. I'll keep it update for future KSP versions (as long as it will still be needed) and I'll probably enhance it a bit. (i.e. better textures)

However, I'll fix bugs which I (or you) encounter, as long as they're not related to KSP itself or the Unity engine. Please report issues either here (I favor this) or as PM here on the forum. Additionally, you might send me a PM on reddit, although it's not sure whether or not I'll see it, so don't wonder when I don't reply or when I take some time to do so.

Edited by codefox

Doesn't Astronomer (Astronomer's Visual Pack guy) already have an updated version for this?

Well, the post was last updated on 1st December 2014, also Astronomer said he'll be away for quite a while. I thought it'd be nice to take care of that one.

Also, I couldn't use his version, for some reason it failed to load.

This is great! I loved using it back then, nice to see it make a comeback!

Maybe you could expand it to allow roll control input in EVA? That way I can orient myself with my spacecraft without having to orient the spacecraft to me :D

Or the ability to toggle mouse look. That would bring up a new level of immersion.

Well, the post was last updated on 1st December 2014, also Astronomer said he'll be away for quite a while. I thought it'd be nice to take care of that one.

Also, I couldn't use his version, for some reason it failed to load.

Ahh ok :D

This is great! I loved using it back then, nice to see it make a comeback!

Maybe you could expand it to allow roll control input in EVA? That way I can orient myself with my spacecraft without having to orient the spacecraft to me :D

Or the ability to toggle mouse look. That would bring up a new level of immersion.

I'll do that later today/tonight, thanks for the suggestion! :)

I was missing this yesterday as well..

I can't open the file! NOOOOOOO, I really wanted this! :mad:;.;

How about this one? https://github.com/flurreh/FirstPersonEVA/releases/download/v0.1/FirstPersonEVA_0.1.zip

I think the most straightforward solution would be to have a button for flag-planting in like, a random corner/side of the screen.

I've decided to do a full re-code of this plugin without utilizing HullCam. My approach would solve this issue, you could just right-click somewhere on the ground then. :)

I've decided to do a full re-code of this plugin without utilizing HullCam. My approach would solve this issue, you could just right-click somewhere on the ground then. :)

Then you've really outdone my expectations. Can't wait to see the recode!

I'll do that later today/tonight, thanks for the suggestion! :)

I was missing this yesterday as well..

How about this one? https://github.com/flurreh/FirstPersonEVA/releases/download/v0.1/FirstPersonEVA_0.1.zip

Are you God or something?

EDIT: Bug! Camera won''t work. It follows the kerbal but no 1st person view. Do I need Hullcam VDS?

Edited by HoloYolo

Are you God or something?

EDIT: Bug! Camera won''t work. It follows the kerbal but no 1st person view. Do I need Hullcam VDS?

Did you right-click on your Kerbal and select "Activate Camera"? I've already included Hullcam VDS in this package, although you might try downloading it separately as well.

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

I really like this mod...Immersive as well! Nearly perfect in my taste. I say nearly because I don't like the way to activate it...Is there any way to "force" it? I mean, direct auto- switch at the moment a kerbal goes EVA? I'm not a modder and don't undrestand nothing to coding or whatever but maybe it is possible and easy to do so?

does anyone can give me advises to do so?

Sorry for the bad English.

Any plans to make this work for 1.0? I just now found your thread shortly after posting in astronomers. I've used the updated VDS cam for 1.0 + your files and it seems to not work in 1.0, had the same effect with Astronomers edition of this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
Any plans to make this work for 1.0? I just now found your thread shortly after posting in astronomers. I've used the updated VDS cam for 1.0 + your files and it seems to not work in 1.0, had the same effect with Astronomers edition of this mod.

I didn't plan any update of this mod as Hullcam VDS already has this feature implemented now.

I thought you were going to re-code the plugin to use its own system and not Hullcam's?

Hullcam's first person was really disorienting for me so I didn't enjoy it.

I didn't test it yet but as long as this is the case, I'm still going for the re-code. Thanks for the info. :)

I'm pretty much occupied in the next time but I'll do that.

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.