How do i level out a orbit?

What exactly do you want to do? Match Gilly's inclination, or the galactic plane, or something else?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: I don't want the orbit to be level in the middle of the planet but I want it leveled on the higher part of Duna.

I'm not sure what this means, and I think you mean Eve :) I think you're trying to do something that isn't possible but I'll wait for clarification.

I don't want the orbit to be level in the middle of the planet but I want it leveled on the higher part of Duna.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the orbit you're wanting is a zero-inclination orbit at a nonzero latitude (given that KSPlanets have zero axial tilt). And that is a thing that is not physically possible in KSP (or IRL either). When you think about it, an orbit is not actually around the planet, but around the CENTER OF MASS of the planet, which is for this purpose identical to the CENTER. So you can't be having a flat orbit that sits on the poles like a

An orbit will always have to pass over the "middle" of a parent body. But if you give an orbit a (high enough) inclination and the parent body is rotating, you will eventually fly over all parts of the parent body. You can't have a "level" orbit at high (or low) latitudes.

EDIT: That is, the only "level" (I assume you meant 0 degrees of inclination) orbit wrt the parent body is an equatorial orbit.

I'm working with six different probes at the same time (was 8 but I docked two and lost control over both for some reason), thought I had Eve nailed down and was working on Duna.. guess it's the opposite...

This is what I mean:

http://i59.tinypic.com/f5dpnp.png"

EDIT: NVM, apparently it's impossible(?), seems weird though.. but I don't know much about astrophysics so I won't argue with orbit physics.

The reason I thought It was possible was because I got that orbit for my moon probe, though it's changed not to a normal middle orbit. I don't think it was a error on my part as I always even my orbit's out, this one wasn't completely even.

Edited by theh5

Sorry theh5, that's physically impossible both in game and in reality.

Orbits are based on the centre of mass of the planet, and the orbital line MUST cross the middle of the disc. Best you can do is an inclined orbit

If I manage to get that kind of orbit would it be moved to the centre of the planet after a while? As that might explain why my Lunar orbit changed (or it was a error on my part).

The kind of orbit we're talking about isn't something you could get and then drift away from. It's literally impossible to get. Mathematically. Physically. Impossible. You didn't have that kind of orbit.

Next time you have what you are trying to describe, take another pic and post it. Maybe you're misreading some key information or something.

Sorry theh5, that's physically impossible both in game and in reality.

Orbits are based on the centre of mass of the planet, and the orbital line MUST cross the middle of the disc. Best you can do is an inclined orbit

In theory, if you have infinite fuel supply you can support a trajectory that would NOT be around the center of mass of the parent body by constantly burning fuel. But that's just a trajectory, not an orbit. Orbit is always around the center of mass.

If you were on an escape trajectory then from certain angles it might look like the non-orbit described, but once you burn to get a closed orbit you'll see it's inclined.

This is a good point; also an inclined orbit might look un-inclined from certain angles to an untrained observer (ex the 'current orbit' picture from +/- 90 degrees)..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.