Kerbol escape velocity?

LightStriker

How fast is Kerbol escape velocity from orbit? And how far is its gravitationnal influence?

My current stock ship is getting close to 1.5 billion Km and is still under Kun influence. But the software stopped drawing the trajectory a while ago. What\'s going on?

Escape velocity at Kerbin\'s distance is ~13 km/s. Hyperbolic trajectories don\'t get drawn out all the way for some reason. I\'m not sure why.

Sorry, I meant my ship isn\'t on the trajectory anymore. The game stopped drawing it where my ship is.

I don\'t think there\'s a possibility to escape Kerbol at the moment, and I guess if you actually do manage well.. you\'re stuck forever in emptyness since there\'s no other star systems out there.

Before more stars would appear in the game I\'d say they\'d be making the Kerbol System bigger with planets, asteroids, and comets.

Escape velocity at Kerbin\'s distance is ~13 km/s.

That doesn\'t seem quite right. Kerbin\'s orbit velocity around Kerbol alone is 9km/s. I don\'t know what the escape velocity is exactly but I do know it\'s less than 20km/s at Kerbin\'s orbit distance. I\'ve done that with a stock craft before and the space center said it was on an escape trajectory.

I don\'t think there\'s a possibility to escape Kerbol at the moment

Much easier than I thought it would be. Get in orbit around Kerbol with 1-2 full tank of fuel, and at the EP point, fire it all up in the direction of your orbit. BAM! You go about 20k/s and you\'re gone toward the big void.

That doesn\'t seem quite right. Kerbin\'s orbit velocity around Kerbol alone is 9km/s. I don\'t know what the escape velocity is exactly but I do know it\'s less than 20km/s at Kerbin\'s orbit distance. I\'ve done that with a stock craft before and the space center said it was on an escape trajectory.

It\'s correct. Escape velocity is always sqrt(2)*circular orbit velocity for your distance from the primary. At an altitude above Kerbol of 13,534 Mm, Kerbol escape velocity is 13,126.5m/s.