What features do you think should be worked on after 1.0

What would you like the devs to add after 1.0  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the devs to add after 1.0

• More part's that add features to the game
    • More part's that improve existing features
    • Visual enhancement, clouds, etc.
    • More game mechanics, like advanced contracts

Planets improvements: more of them, more interesting surfaces, real atmospheres (variable temperature, pressure...etc. that influence flight and experiments), dangerous environments (volcanoes, rivers, rings/asteroid belts).

Some additional effects would also improve immersion a lot like the CollisionFX mod. Dust particles, weather, disassembly effects... a lot of things could be improved.

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Gosh the terrain in KSP is boring! Duna is just...terrible. Nothing but random hills! Probably the best we have right now is the Mun and Minmus. Plus, I would kill to have a new atmospheric visual system. So many softwares, many completely free and ridiculously simple (Space Engine, Outerra, Celestia, just some examples off the top of my head), have better results than KSP.

Has anyone ever said something about an original soundtrack for KSP? I mean the MacLeod stuff is good but i think its own memorable music could only benefit the game.

Below is an obligatory post every time music is brought up:

This thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88869-KSP-Plugin-Songs%21-%28Current-Song-MOHO%29 has good, fan made tracks that Upsilonaerospace has said himself could be used in KSP. The OP there is limited to 5 youtube embeds, so page 10 has his 6th track so far. Support it.

• 3 weeks later...

A better "Kerbal experience" experience. Currently it's a completely passive system (land/get points/get skillz, without having to click a thing), and that's no fun. I want to be able to pick what skills my kerbals pick up with their experience, and to be able to cross-train them. If I want Jeb to be able to fix a landing leg (after all, it was his[/] hard landing that broke it), I should be able to train him for that, and it should cost 2-4 times as many exp points for him to learn it, compared to a 'geer.

Let's see, a rookie 'geer can't do anything, and a lvl 1 can repack chutes. There won't be any chutes that need repacking until Duna, but I bet there'll be lots of broken landing legs on the Mun! I wonder how that "shmelta-vee" thing is coming along, or did that get shoved to the back burner?

Someone has probably already said this but i would want more planets, and more star systems. Maybe stuff like nebulas, black holes, galaxies, and warp drive parts. (MY MIND WILL EXPLODE!!!!!:D)

In my opinion, the more planets, the more science, a more awesome game play experience (maybe that's how the multiplayer will work:confused:)

Bugfixing 1.0 issues and other minor tidying (including features intended for 1.0 which could not be accommodated), followed up-porting to Unity 5

Once KSP is sitting on Unity 5 and playing nicely with the updated feature set (PBR/standard shaders, PhysX 3.3, MTJS etc) then it could be time for beautification features (like clouds, planetshine, ocean and atmospheric shaders for effects like rayleigh scattering) and more planets, which are not currently possible with the lack of performance (Physx 2.8.3, lack of thread-safe processing) and memory headroom (no stable win-64 stable client) under Unity 4.

[Edit]As a side note, I really hope Squad stick with the standard shader for Unity 5 when the up-porting happens

Edited by NoMrBond

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.