How in the... ever notice this?

Xannari Ferrows

Couds, or cloudy vision? [That was... just bad]  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Couds, or cloudy vision? [That was... just bad]

• Clouds
    • Backdrop
    • An illusion

Did you also notice - just in case you "sometimes" build at night - that inside the VAB and SPH its ALWAYS daylight. Strange things are going on here :) I'd almost say illusions.

It might as well be a nice painting on the VAB door.

That's not really a hangar door, it's a giant plasma screen showing a view of the outside world so that the engineers working inside the VAB have no feeling of the passage of time, which helps stave off tiredness and thus increases their productivity.

It might as well be a nice painting on the VAB door.

I think it is a painting, the fact that the Kerbals distant ancestors, the Wil-E Coyotes, have perfected brilliantly realistic paintings, only lends more support.

65653_480665038668988_1818017875_n.jpg

It's just on a much larger scale, and the difference between Kerbals ancestors, the coyotes, is that Kerbals work together. Perhaps there was a massive, "Outside Painting Army" during the VABs construction? You decide.

No, you see there're not outside the VAB, there're inside it, just like the real VAB:

"The interior volume of the building is so vast that it has its own weather, including "rain clouds form[ing] below the ceiling on very humid days""

Source: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Assembly_Building also, https://www.google.com/search?num=20&newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=vab+weather&oq=vab+weather&gs_l=hp.3..0i22i30.846.3800.0.4472.11.7.0.4.4.0.419.1113.0j3j1j0j1.5.0.msedr...0...1c.1.62.hp..2.9.1161.iDMq3wcEZQ4

Did I cite that correctly?

Everyone knows the VAB door is just a painting to simulate the outside... inside, it's an airlocked environment to prevent Kerbals from breathing outside air. Why do you think they always need spacesuits?

Thats what I thought! Airtight. The ship doesn't actually leave the VAB in one peice, the big door doesn't open anyway. The ship is de-constructed and put together again on the launch pad - hence the (time saving) loading screen.

I think it is a painting, the fact that the Kerbals distant ancestors, the Wil-E Coyotes, have perfected brilliantly realistic paintings, only lends more support.

http://hyperallergic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/65653_480665038668988_1818017875_n.jpg

It's just on a much larger scale, and the difference between Kerbals ancestors, the coyotes, is that Kerbals work together. Perhaps there was a massive, "Outside Painting Army" during the VABs construction? You decide.

So the Kerbal Space Program is funded by ACME?

...everything makes so much sense now.

Its simple. They order some parts from Acme... Some were pretty big. One box containing some parts was the size of the VAB... Actually its the VBA now! ^_^

Was colorful inside and out with pictures from Earth and the Acme Anvil Logo on the side. Since the Kerbals like the box. And were a bit low on cash and paint. They reused the box as there VBA! But could only decorate all but one wall inside... That "Outdoor" wall gave an nice air and calmness without needing to afford the cost of glass that big! To this day. The Kerbals have no clue why earth has cotton balls that big floating around in their air! The doors are the old flaps on the box.

If you look real close you may see a Acme Anvil Logo and a Made on Earth mark where they just ran out of paint. ^_^

Edited by Nightstar

I don't know if anyone else gets these, but whenever I fly a plane around I usually see little clouds, generally appearing in my direction of travel. They might have something to do with the plane's exhaust, but are a neat little thing nonetheless.

Edited by Rthsom

I don't know if anyone else gets these, but whenever I fly a plane around I usually see little clouds, generally appearing in my direction of travel. They might have something to do with the plane's exhaust, but are a neat little thing nonetheless.

It's a common glitch. Makes exhaust appear in front of you instead of behind you :P I'm being serious, though

I usually get that when flying a spaceplane at high phys warp, most of the time accompanied by a sudden change in pitch/roll. Needless to say, I'd rather have my plane stable :)

My hypothesis for a while has been that those are from the Krakensbane system: To minimize floating point issues, every few seconds the game teleports you back to the origin and everything else, including Kerbin, the same distance so you seem to be in the same place. And it doesn't remember to also teleport the smoke particles, so they get left where they were, which is now several hundred meters in front of you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.