[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

I have installed this mod a few times, and I am confused to what is supposed to be available. The only missions i ever see offered are put up stations to mun, minmus and kerbin, they never go away, even if completed they just respawn, canceled, respawn. No other missions to do anything ever came up in my whole playthru, starting a new 1.0.2 LP with Real Fuels installed and wanting to try this mod again. No errors were ever provided from the log files. So thus my confusion.

I'm not seeing that behavior, but I'm not seeing any follow on missions for the stations. I have Kerbin, Mun and Minmus stations but save for a single resupply mission to Kerbin station a couple of revisions ago I'm not seeing any other station missions.

I'm not seeing that behavior, but I'm not seeing any follow on missions for the stations. I have Kerbin, Mun and Minmus stations but save for a single resupply mission to Kerbin station a couple of revisions ago I'm not seeing any other station missions.

If you press Alt-F10 - expand Kerbin Space Station, Kerbin Tier 3, then KerbinCrewRotation - if you hit "force check requirements" you'll find one of them turns yellow (I hope) - it should be LSResupply - if you mouse over that, it should show on the right hand side how long the cooldown is. (This will be greatly improved in 2.0).

If you are playing stock you are likely to notice the long cooldowns, when I designed the pack I had KCT in mind - but as I said I'm fixing it.

Edited by severedsolo

If you press Alt-F10 - expand Kerbin Space Station, Kerbin Tier 3, then KerbinCrewRotation - if you hit "force check requirements" you'll find one of them turns yellow (I hope) - it should be LSResupply - if you mouse over that, it should show on the right hand side how long the cooldown is. (This will be greatly improved in 2.0).

If you are playing stock you are likely to notice the long cooldowns, when I designed the pack I had KCT in mind - but as I said I'm fixing it.

0xD63Ms.png

yBfyZPD.png

K I see two things wrong in that screenshot.

The first is telling me that "StationCheck" is failing. Now I'm not 100% worried about that, if it isn't giving you new "launch the Kerbin Space Station" missions. The check will randomly fail sometimes but usually sorts itself out shortly afterwards.

The second thing (which is the main problem I think) - LSResupply is saying the cooldown is 78 days. Now, what that means is that the CrewRotation mission will not appear until 78-79 days after you last completed LSResupply. Try timewarping a little.

Edit: Also 10 of your contracts have failed validation. None of mine I hope?

Edited by severedsolo

K I see two things wrong in that screenshot.

The first is telling me that "StationCheck" is failing. Now I'm not 100% worried about that, if it isn't giving you new "launch the Kerbin Space Station" missions. The check will randomly fail sometimes but usually sorts itself out shortly afterwards.

The second thing (which is the main problem I think) - LSResupply is saying the cooldown is 78 days. Now, what that means is that the CrewRotation mission will not appear until 78-79 days after you last completed LSResupply. Try timewarping a little.

Edit: Also 10 of your contracts have failed validation. None of mine I hope?

Gotta step out for a bit. How would I check to see which contracts are failing validation?

You have Crew Manifest AND Ship Manifest installed. I don't think you need both?

Still not 100% sure why the check is failing, but I'd be willing to bet it's got something to do with a silly mistake I made.

Bear with me: hotfix inbound.

Kerbin Space Station 1.4.2 Released!

Please note - EVERYBODY needs this, even if you don't use LS.

Fixed an issue that would make Mun and Minmus contracts fail validation if certain LS mods were installed.

Fixed a textual bug in LS Missions.

I hope this will fix the issues with Vessel Definitions not sticking too. If not please report (and provide modlists/saves/logs)

Edited by severedsolo

Press alt-f10 and check which ones are showing as red

Just loaded KSP up and now all 34 contracts are green. Didn't do anything in KSP since the screenshots earlier.

I believe I'm experiencing an unreported bug. I've launched all of my stations as per contract requirements. And I'm now getting the "crew rotation" contracts.

The first one was to swap out 3 crew members on my 5 Kerbal space station around the Mun. I brought folks up (green check on "Crew: at least 3 kerbals", docked, swapped, and returned home. The contract never completed. So I forced completed it thinking it was a bug.

Updated to the latest version of Kerbin Space Station yesterday (v1.4.1) and it asked me to launch all new stations. So I did. I even deorbited my old ones. Got a contract to rotate 2 crew members out of my Minmus station. Launch replacement crew (green check on "Crew: at least 2 Kerbals"), dock with station (never get a green check on "dock with the staion in Minmus orbit"). I have faith though, swap out the crew, bring the old crew home. And the contract never completed.

I opened up the various files that come with this pack thinking that maybe the mod stores the station name when you launch it, and when I change the name of the station is breaks... but I can't find this anywhere.

Alt+F10 shows only a single yellow line in this area "REQUIREMENT [Expression], (StationCheck). It's a yellow line but shows a green check next to it. Everything else is green or white.

TL;DR - Crew rotation contracts never complete.

TL;DR - Crew rotation contracts never complete.

Goddammit I fixed this bug in 1.3.2. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to check whether it needs fixing again, because 2.0 is hours away from release (I hope). My testing shows it working properly in 2.0, so once that hits please wait for that and report if you get any further problems.

In the future this sort of thing should not happen (or will be fixed properly), because I will have one contract to maintain and not three.

I opened up the various files that come with this pack thinking that maybe the mod stores the station name when you launch it, and when I change the name of the station is breaks... but I can't find this anywhere.

You are half right. It stores a label called "<body>StationNEW" - but that label should persist between renames (otherwise it wouldn't work with docking)

Goddammit I fixed this bug in 1.3.2. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to check whether it needs fixing again, because 2.0 is hours away from release (I hope). My testing shows it working properly in 2.0, so once that hits please wait for that and report if you get any further problems.

In the future this sort of thing should not happen (or will be fixed properly), because I will have one contract to maintain and not three.

Okay dokey. Standing by. For what it's worth, my Kerbin crew rotation contracts DO complete. So... I'm not sure if that's new information or unrelated.

For those (like me) who are too impatient to wait for a fix to make it compatible with station science, you can edit the cfg files for the core station contracts to remove the science module requirements.

Obviously it's not ideal, but it's a quick workaround that allows me to use two of my favorite mods together.

Looking forward to the 2.0 release. Can't wait to see what changes you will bring.

TL;DR: Exception occurs when accepting any contracts to do work to existing LKO station. Beta1 config file for KerbinStationCore isn't compatible with Station Science.

BETA version available of 2.0: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/2.0b1

Will need new CC (1.2.0) - not quite ready for release yet due to some bugs in CC but a bit of playtesting would be appreciated if you can?

Hit an error on one of the new contracts. This was with an existing LKO space station, all old contracts were canceled before fully removing 1.4.1 version of addon and then installing 2.0 Beta.

Exception occured while saving contract contract 'Evacuate':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is with ContractConfigurator 1.2.0 and Kerbin Space Station 2.0b1

This error occurred when attempting to launch a new ship AFTER completing the contract.

Edit 4: This actually occurs after a set amount of time, the launching of the ship and completing of the contract seem to not be involved in getting this exception.

Here's a screenshot of my contract configurator screen showing the contracts that are loaded.

My theory is that I could fix this if I deorbit this existing space station and force the contract to launch a new one to generate again.

Would love to know if you have any insight on how I might fix this.

Edit:

Here's the info in the log. I cannot for the life of me find an actual log file that contains this information, so here is a screenshot.

G6Fk8ef.jpg

Edit 2: Ok, I've compared the file KerbinStationCore.cfg to MinmusStationCore.cfg and there seems to be a difference in the way it looks for the science module. In MinmusStationCore.cfg which seems to work there is a line

partModule = StationScienceModule

In the KerbinStationCore.cfg it is

partModule = ResearchFacility

I'm going to make them the same and will report back in an edit if that fixes my issues.

Edit 3: The contract now validates in alt+f10 although I still get the original exception that I reported above when attempting to start a new contract involving the existing station

Edited by tito13kfm
Additional Info Added

Edit 3: The contract now validates in alt+f10 although I still get the original exception that I reported above when attempting to start a new contract involving the existing station

I'm about 90% certain that I have a fix for this issue, but need confirmation. If someone can try the dev build of Contract Configurator (dll link) and confirm it fixes that issue, it would be appreciated.

Also, severedsolo has reported an issue with the station science contract - but I need more info. If someone hits and issue with that please post a log (see the details in severedsolo's post on the CC thread, short version is that it won't check off as green properly).

Edit: Nevermind that last one - I think severedsolo removed/disabled that contract until it's working.

Edited by nightingale

I'm about 90% certain that I have a fix for this issue, but need confirmation. If someone can try the dev build of Contract Configurator (dll link) and confirm it fixes that issue, it would be appreciated.

Looking good so far, I just accepted a new contract to evacuate, completed it, and launched a new ship to try to replicate the error I had before. No errors at all.

Not available to test right now, but if you are feeling brave, can someone try this:

Grab the latest CC dev version from nightingales github repo, and try to run scienceexperimentmodule from here:

https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/blob/Dev-Branch/ScienceExperimentModule.cfg

I'm assuming you mean the updated CC dll here https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/blob/master/GameData/ContractConfigurator/ContractConfigurator.dll ?

If so, I cannot get the new ScienceExperimentModule.cfg to show up as an available contract. I spent 5 minutes just force generating and declining contracts using the alt+f12 menu, but cannot seem to get one to show up. I wish I knew of an easier way to get one to generate so I could test it.

I'm assuming you mean the updated CC dll here https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/blob/master/GameData/ContractConfigurator/ContractConfigurator.dll ?

If so, I cannot get the new ScienceExperimentModule.cfg to show up as an available contract. I spent 5 minutes just force generating and declining contracts using the alt+f12 menu, but cannot seem to get one to show up. I wish I knew of an easier way to get one to generate so I could test it.

Really? I couldn't get it to generate anything BUT those missions last night. Oh wait, you do have crew on board the KSS?

Edit: Just did my own testing and got it working. However, it seems the contract won't complete until you do a scene change (not ideal, but hey it's working! That's one step closer than I was yesterday)

Kerbin Space Station 2.0 RC1 available: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/2.0RC1

Changes since B2:

ScienceExperimentModule re-enabled.

If nightingale hasn't released 1.2.1 by the time you read this, then you'll need the dev version of Contract Configurator (here): https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/blob/master/GameData/ContractConfigurator/ContractConfigurator.dll

Otherwise just use 1.2.1

Edit: never mind - 1.2.1 just released. Use CC 1.2.1.

Edited by severedsolo

Really? I couldn't get it to generate anything BUT those missions last night. Oh wait, you do have crew on board the KSS?

Edit: Just did my own testing and got it working. However, it seems the contract won't complete until you do a scene change (not ideal, but hey it's working! That's one step closer than I was yesterday)

Kerbin Space Station 2.0 RC1 available: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/2.0RC1

Changes since B2:

ScienceExperimentModule re-enabled.

If nightingale hasn't released 1.2.1 by the time you read this, then you'll need the dev version of Contract Configurator (here): https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/blob/master/GameData/ContractConfigurator/ContractConfigurator.dll

Otherwise just use 1.2.1

Edit: never mind - 1.2.1 just released. Use CC 1.2.1.

Everything looking good here. Successfully completed and returned an experiment from my Minmus Space Station and everything seems to have functioned properly. I didn't do any extensive testing like seeing if it was compatible with Dmagic Orbital Science experiments, or Station Science experiments, I just went the cheap and easy way of using a thermometer. I didn't notice it not completing until I changed scenes though. Although I can't be sure because as soon as I recovered the experiment I switched to a vessel that was waiting on me to perform a maneuver (thank you KAC).

One thing I have noticed, and not sure if you addressed it already. Last week I noticed that Crew Rotation contracts don't actually require you to rotate any crew. I docked with the required number of Kerbals, then undocked and it was waiting on me to return them home. Not sure if that's just something that isn't possible to test for in CC, or if it's a bug you fixed recently.

I wish I was at least competent in coding, I'd love to do add in the functionality to make it so that when you replace a faulty part on your space station, it breaks the part and you have to physically remove it and add a new one with KIS/KAS. Unfortunately I wouldn't have the slightest idea of where to begin on that so I just have to role play it and do it manually. The last time I tried to make my own contract I spent a week trying to make it a requirement to kill a tourist. Unfortunately no matter what I did I couldn't get that to be a requirement to pass instead of fail.

Enough rambling from me...

The last time I tried to make my own contract I spent a week trying to make it a requirement to kill a tourist.
...What were you trying to do, add political assassination missions?

10/10 would play that mod! Simpler midstep I suppose would be to spawn a criminal in a random location (Kerbin, orbit) and require you to capture him/her - aka return safely to kerbin.