Science Fiction ships

digitalpsychosis

How about Voltron... cars, not cats.

Fifteen separate launches with orbital assembly... hrmm sounds like a lotta work... maybe cats :)

Well, I did make a functional VF-1 Valkyrie. I thought that might cover the 80's anime needs; but voltron sounds like a wicked idea.

It's clear what you have to do, pretend the Mun is the death star, and shoot something into a Mun Arch pretending it's the famous weak spot using the X-Wing.

It's only logical.</wrongseries>

We used to shoot womp rats back home. They were no more than two metres wide.

I like the idea of this challenge. I might have to get my joystick hooked up again for the funsies of it.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be a bit dated, but how about Star Control ships? Most people probably wouldn't have heard of that though.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/super-melee2.jpg

:o

Star Control!

That's awesome. Tyrian would also need to be done... and maybe Master of Orion.

...I'm totally overthinking this era.

A sidewinder from Elite:Dangerous. Or maybe the Farragut capital ship. Or if you are really good at making curves, the Majestic Interdictor.

Edit: Apparently having a : and a D next to each other auto-emotes :P

I second Star Control ships... I was thinking about if a Spathi ship would be possible the other day...

I wish I could remember the name of a game I used to play that was similar. (Top-down, forward/backward/rotate controls, space exploration with a grey ship. Also the first ship you can fight is yellow... possibly not aggressive. I don't remember a whole lot about it!)

DOUBLE EDIT: It was called Solar Winds I think. :)

Edited by Mister Kerman

All those "silly fantasy" ships sound more like job for Space Engineers to me. Only ship that I would like to have in KSP is USS Discovery from 2001 Space Odyssey. And send it on Jool mission of course :-)

A B-wing, from the Star Wars expanded universe. A "super-heavy shields and weapons" fighter that in its original X-wing and TIE fighter flight sim appearances generally gets shot to pieces in seconds because of its horrible lack of both speed and agility.

Got another one for ya! Jango's Flying Iron. Should be a bit easier than Valkyrie.

E: It's named 'Slave I'

img_1?1251288065

Maybe not the most aerodynamically stable, but I like the idea of it landing face-up.

Edited by Veeltch

Someone needs to make an Arwing that doesn't suck!

ahem...

- - - Updated - - -

A sidewinder from Elite:Dangerous. Or maybe the Farragut capital ship. Or if you are really good at making curves, the Majestic Interdictor.

Edit: Apparently having a : and a D next to each other auto-emotes :P

Not opposed to the idea. I could give that a go. :)

- - - Updated - - -

A few people have suggested that. I do want to give it a go. There's part mods out there for that one out there, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I second Star Control ships... I was thinking about if a Spathi ship would be possible the other day...

I wish I could remember the name of a game I used to play that was similar. (Top-down, forward/backward/rotate controls, space exploration with a grey ship. Also the first ship you can fight is yellow... possibly not aggressive. I don't remember a whole lot about it!)

DOUBLE EDIT: It was called Solar Winds I think. :)

Wow... Solar Winds is a game I haven't heard of for a long, long time. Could be an interesting idea. :D

- - - Updated - - -

All those "silly fantasy" ships sound more like job for Space Engineers to me. Only ship that I would like to have in KSP is USS Discovery from 2001 Space Odyssey. And send it on Jool mission of course :-)

The Discovery is amazing. So brutal to make happen though. I would like to make this, but I want to make sure that I do it justice... which is why I am worried about doing it in a short stream. :/

- - - Updated - - -

That B-Wing looks AMAZING. I need to do that and do it properly.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Thargoid ships?

Or.... The Cobra MkIII!

Hmmmmm... looks like stacking Ion engines might be the solution here... Could be rather light.

- - - Updated - - -

Got another one for ya! Jango's Flying Iron. Should be a bit easier than Valkyrie.

E: It's named 'Slave I'

http://blogs.c.yimg.jp/res/blog-8e-33/s_arakinskywalker/folder/1102359/96/29167396/img_1?1251288065

Maybe not the most aerodynamically stable, but I like the idea of it landing face-up.

The flying Iron is sick. I have looked at it as an option many times. I only worry about the curves of the parts; or if I make the curves I would be worried that I had added too much weight... It's pretty much in the same boat as Moya.

A B-wing, from the Star Wars expanded universe. A "super-heavy shields and weapons" fighter that in its original X-wing and TIE fighter flight sim appearances generally gets shot to pieces in seconds because of its horrible lack of both speed and agility.

Originally from ROtJ, not the EU.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.