[WIP 0.90] KerbalFeels 0.0.1 - plugin for inter-kerbal relationships (3/26/2015)

wpatter6

Why did I just think Dwarf Fortress.... XD

Death of a kerbal can permanently (or for a certain amount of time) affect traits and/or sanity of the kerbals who had positive feelings towards them.

Or generate a positive thought for those who held animosity towards the poor Kerbal. We wouldn't want the murderer getting depressed, now would we?

For the past month, Bill has been kept awake by loud noises. For the past month Jedidiah has been testing out the new mining rocket. Yesterday the mining rocket exploded. Last night Bill slept peacefully.

Wait, for scientists work keepsthem sane??!! Its not like that for me

Heh, yeah I guess that could be debatable. I'm having trouble keeping the identification of experiment parts on the vessel simple & straightforward so that idea may have to be scrapped anyway :P

Or generate a positive thought for those who held animosity towards the poor Kerbal. We wouldn't want the murderer getting depressed, now would we?

For the past month, Bill has been kept awake by loud noises. For the past month Jedidiah has been testing out the new mining rocket. Yesterday the mining rocket exploded. Last night Bill slept peacefully.

Yeah that's how I'm making it work. The only stat that is affected by death of a loved (or hated) kerbal is courage, it will reduce their courage if they had positive feelings and increase if they had negative. If their courage drops to 0 they will lose one exp level. All of the changes to stats because of a death will be for a semi-random limited duration, and will be shorter or longer depending on what feeling they had towards the deceased.

So... KerbalSims?

Sure! Why not?

There might be aggression issues in stations staffed at over 80% capacity due to overcrowding (less than one empty seat per 5 available, if total seats are 5 or greater). That's standard real space station policy anyway, since it affords room to rotate crews between the station and return craft.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.