KSP Not Detecting Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for Mac

I just got the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and KSP is not recognizing it on my Mac. I'm using the latest version of KSP, and OS X, and I'm not really sure what to do. Does anyone have any advice?

What steps have you taken to set up the controller? What happens when you configure it in Preferences?

Also, moved to Support (unmodded installs), and welcome to the forums!

From what I understand from other people with this joystick, it should just work when you plug it in. Logitech also doesn't offer drivers for the mac because they say it should be recognized. When I go to setup my input preferences in ksp nothing happens. I go to move the joystick, and it's still waiting for input. It also doesn't recognize the buttons.

Hi oYaStr, are you using the axis bindings or the key bindings for the joysticks input? Also, do you have the joystick connected when you start KSP or do you plug it in afterwards?

I use the axis bindings and I have it connected before I start the game.

It really should be working, unless the stick has modes maybe as it's programmable, is there a mode switch on the base?

There's not. And it worked, no drivers needed, on Windows, but on Mac it doesn't. I don't know if there's a problem with the Mac version of KSP or what.

Can you post your Player.log? If you're not sure where that is, please read the [thread=92230]Stock Support and Bug Reporting Guide[/thread] sticky.

Have you tried it with any other games?

Here's a link to my Player.log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/95dwd54vux8zb8k/Player.log?dl=0

I don't have any other flight sims to test it with. What are some free ones I could try?

Edit: I just downloaded a free flight sim from the app store and it didn't recognize my joystick, either.

Edited by oYaStr

KSP is somehow recognizing whatever axis you tried to bind as Axis -1. :confused: (I'd actually have to check if that's how it logs cancelling axis assignment.)

For testing the joystick, I'd try Super Tux Kart, which uses a completely different game engine so we can rule out KSP or Unity issues.

I tried running the setup file and it said image not recognized. So, any other games I can try? Also something to mention, I looked in my Mac's system report, and it shows that the joystick is connected. I also downloaded controllermate, and it detects the input from my controller.

I am running KSP .0.90.0.705 (Steam) on my mac running 10.6.8. I am having joystick problems as well.

I have played KSP for over a year using a Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 with no trouble. In the past month I have had lots of problems getting KSP to recognize it during game play. Then two days ago it gave up the ghost. I could not get any functions to work and I could not reassign any functions. So I assumed that the stick was dead. I purchased a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro today. Still no go.

No buttons nor axis were seen by KSP in the assignment attempt. I purchased a test program and both my joysticks and all buttons show up in the test software.

I went back to KSP and continued to try to assigning functions to my new Logitech. Nothing. Then with my Logitech still plugged in, I plugged in my SideWinder. Now KSP would see button presses of the SideWinder. I tried the Logitech, and now KSP can assign those buttons as well. But the axises of both sticks are still not seen. I cannot get KSP to see any axis of either stick. Pitch, Yaw, Roll, Throttle, and strangely, the hat buttons of both sticks cannot be assigned in KSP.

I still have some of the Sidewinder axises assigned from before, but it is not seen during game-play, and non functional. But if I clear the assignment, I have no way to get it back as the stick axises are no longer seen in KSP. And I have tried every version of re-boot and restart the game I can think of. I even removed all my mods (hence me posting here).

Nothing I have tried will allow either stick's axises to be seen by KSP anymore. I have 401 hours playing this game and this issue has never come up for me until recently. It could have crept in in the last update. I have not been able to play much since then and I am just trying to get back to it.

Wow!

New developments! I launched a scenario. I verified that my SideWinder could do functions with the buttons, but the axises were not recognized even though they were still assigned to the Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2. I plugged in my Logitech and verified that buttons would work, and then to test the axises. But they worked!!! Even though the assignment showed to the SideWinder, the Logitech would control the ship where the SideWinder would not. Then I went back to assignments and now KSP takes my Logitech Axis bindings.

Maybe it is seeing the axis, and is binding it, but it has a display bug for us that is corrected when we come back from a mission. More testing to follow. I will post my results.

I pulled out my joystick and set it up for KSP 0.90. It worked just as it did with KSP 0.24.2. The good news is that joystick support was overhauled for 1.0, so the problem may already be fixed. If not, more information to narrow down why some joysticks work and others do not would help.

Could you both post copies of your settings.cfg?

• 1 month later...

I just updated KSP to 1.0.2.842 and have once again lost all joystick assignments. While the settings does see my joystick axis inputs for re-assignment, the accept button does not function in the pop up window, so I am unable to re-assign the axises. No more Kerbal for me until this gets fixed unfortunately.

Settings.cfg: https://app.box.com/s/eb4gqo2n542wveun6v5medaaq9pyto9z

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that what is happening now is a known bug. While the bug report mentions Windows, the symptoms are identical to what I have been experiencing on my Mac Steam version since 1.0. And this is not exclusive to the Logitech stick, my other sticks suffer the exact same issues.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/4817#note-1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.