Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

May I ask about what will happen as we near 1.0 station? Obviously the train needs to stop somehow. Also shouldn't we be time traveling at these speeds (I really don't want to arrive at the station thousands of years late)?

Easy, parachutes and decouplers. Worked for me..... Ish....... Sorta...............

I plan on just jumping out and doing a tuck-and-roll. Worked for .90

Coincidentallly I work a lot with trains from a technical perspective, and know many ways to stop one.

Unfortunately, the hypetrain carries so much momentum at this point that I only see derailing as a viable option.

I'll disconnect the last carriage so we can slow down until the 1.1 hypetrain comes along and can pick us up.

Coincidentallly I work a lot with trains from a technical perspective, and know many ways to stop one.

Unfortunately, the hypetrain carries so much momentum at this point that I only see derailing as a viable option.

I'll disconnect the last carriage so we can slow down until the 1.1 hypetrain comes along and can pick us up.

NO! DONT! We are not going fast enough! MOAR BOOSTERS!

Alright, gonna contribute some to heighten the hype, here:

In Scott Manleys previous livestream (the one with the flying shopping cart) he said that he had looked at the 1.0 experimental that he's been testing, and he was supposed to make a preview of all the new features. However, he had a hard time doing so because there were simply so many new things, important ones, that he had a hard time covering them all.

If I remember correctly, he said something along the lines of "Pretty much every component of the game has been revisited, rebalanced, or reworked".

Discuss!

EDIT:

HypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHypeHype

Note:

I said earlier that he alluded to posting a youtube preview on sunday. We can only assume this is his part of the saturday livestream that he'll appear in.

Edited by jarmund

May I ask about what will happen as we near 1.0 station? Obviously the train needs to stop somehow. Also shouldn't we be time traveling at these speeds (I really don't want to arrive at the station thousands of years late)?

"We passed them, stop this thing.

We can't stop, it's too dangerous, we've got to slow down first.

Bull s%#&, just stop this thing, I order you STOOOOOOP!!!"

I image it will be just like that. Nobody pull a sanders and pull the e-brake, let's all agree to hype till this thing explodes!

jumping on the hype train the moment 64bit windows version gets announced. Until then, business as usual: check new version, notice that all the nice mods won't load because of too much ram consumption, close game and wait.

Great! That's what comes to my mind when I picture the Hype Train!

Yay! :D Good to know... ^_^

jumping on the hype train the moment 64bit windows version gets announced. Until then, business as usual: check new version, notice that all the nice mods won't load because of too much ram consumption, close game and wait.

Well... I have to admit I share a bit of that feeling. But I'm honestly hoping the (seemingly aggressive) optimizations done by the devs will mitigate that issue...

- - - Updated - - -

It's odd that I see all these people dealing with lack of RAM. I can run a quantity of mods that rivals Eve in size, and suffer nothing more than a massive FPS hit.

And I have 3.5 gigs of RAM.

I experience a lot of memory related game crashes with my full mod list... Memory usage starts to creep up and up until the game crashes.

But, to be honest, I'm not sure if it's just some memory leak issue or if it's indeed the usage that's too high.

You don't need mods, ya know.

-​Charlie Sheen