Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

I hope I'm not dampening the hype by posting this here (I'm still super excited for 1.0!), but I need an answer for this.

I've been watching the KSPTV streams and I noticed there is no delta-v or TWR readout anywhere in the Engineer Report. I remember reading somewhere that this was going to be in 1.0 and I'm disappointed that, for some reason, it didn't make it in. I'm happy with 1.0 but it would have been perfect if this would have been included - I would have no reason to run any mods whatsoever, other than a few beautification mods.

Does anyone have any more info on this?

I hope I'm not dampening the hype by posting this here (I'm still super excited for 1.0!), but I need an answer for this.

I've been watching the KSPTV streams and I noticed there is no delta-v or TWR readout anywhere in the Engineer Report. I remember reading somewhere that this was going to be in 1.0 and I'm disappointed that, for some reason, it didn't make it in. I'm happy with 1.0 but it would have been perfect if this would have been included - I would have no reason to run any mods whatsoever, other than a few beautification mods.

Does anyone have any more info on this?

I don't think it was ever planned. Certainly didn't hear any dev talking about including it.

I don't think it was ever planned. Certainly didn't hear any dev talking about including it.

It was planned, they talked about it in a devnote Tuesday. I've been hearing it's in the debug menu, but haven't seen it in the stream. Maybe it's unfinished due to some reason, and they haven't implemented it to the engineer report yet, but in the next update?

It was planned, they talked about it in a devnote Tuesday. I've been hearing it's in the debug menu, but haven't seen it in the stream. Maybe it's unfinished due to some reason, and they haven't implemented it to the engineer report yet, but in the next update?
If it's in the debug menu then I'll be happy, as long as it's in the stock game. I guess we'll have to wait for the release to check ourselves. Or we can ask a streamer. :P

This is a golden hype. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of procrastination and menaces with spikes of anticipation. On the item is an image of a rocket in aluminum. The rocket is launching. On the item is an image of a Kerbal and Kerbals in iron. The Kerbal is surrounded by the Kerbals. The Kerbal is laughing. The Kerbals are screaming. The artwork relates to the first launch of KSP 0.7.3 in the year 2011.

Looking at the streams, heating might become a big issue for accelerating spaceplanes. Or it at least needs some strategies.

Spaceplane parts have heating resistance of about 2000. In other words, you hit about 700 at 1 km/s at 20,000 meters. Thats what I heard in a stream.

Spaceplanes should still work, if not better than before.

Also, do nuke engines still need oxidizer?

Edited by SelectHalfling0

This is a golden hype. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of procrastination and menaces with spikes of anticipation. On the item is an image of a rocket in aluminum. The rocket is launching. On the item is an image of a Kerbal and Kerbals in iron. The Kerbal is surrounded by the Kerbals. The Kerbal is laughing. The Kerbals are screaming. The artwork relates to the first launch of KSP 0.7.3 in the year 2011.

Most excellent, have some rep :D

Damn. I want to play it now!

If we get this train rolling a bit faster, we might be able to warp directly to Monday.

I don't know what Plaid Factor we need, but we must be getting close.

Happy landings!