Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Only 771 more posts before we match the 0.24 hypetrain thread. Counting this post, 770. Can we make it!? The preview streams for 1.0 seem to have boosted us quite a bit, but that's a lot of ground to cover...

Only 771 more posts before we match the 0.24 hypetrain thread. Counting this post, 770. Can we make it!? The preview streams for 1.0 seem to have boosted us quite a bit, but that's a lot of ground to cover...

768 posts! We need more HYPEINE too many people going to sleep

I'm not going to get to play for another 18 hours, regardless of release time. so have trouble getting truly hyped. Saving my hype energy to use as the clock ticks towards 3:30pm tomorrow and I can bolt for the door.

I have a massive calc test tomorrow. This is not healthy for me. Anyone else here trying to not flunk a test in the morning?

Just practice by deriving the gravitational pull on a spaceship given a planet is composed of heterogeneous, non-linearly distributed, mass. (It's actually easier than it sounds)

So what's everyone's first 1.0 mission going to be?

Operation Fireworks.

Build a massive rocket of loosely connected engines of all sorts, and launch it up over the night sky. I'll have a kerbal watch from the launch pad ;p

So what's everyone's first 1.0 mission going to be?

A plane doing stupid stuff in the atmosphere? :D

Otherwise bringing career onward and checking the new game balance out from the beginning. Should go fast as someone with a bit of experience.

My first 1.0 mission will probably be a recreation of my first KSP mission. A mission to the Mun with the Mercury style capsule, Fl-400 fuel tanks, LVT-30's LVT-45's, decouplers, and winglets. Who needs an electrical system? Landing legs? Maneuver nodes? We're doing this old school. God I miss .13. First time I played KSP was the night before a Delta IV M+ (4,2) launch. I was down at the Cape with some friends. Who can believe that was a little over three years ago. Darn it squad you're making me nostalgic!

2 hours ago, Maxmaps tweeted this:

So i would expect at least 12 hours till release. Maybe more.

I'm in denial! The launch will occur at the earliest possible opportunity! Go Booster! Go EECOM! Go Capsule! Go Capcom! Flight Director says go for terminal count autosequence start!

2 hours ago, Maxmaps tweeted this:
ff to bed. Busy day tomorrow. #KerbalCountdown turning into #KerbalLaunch

So i would expect at least 12 hours till release. Maybe more.

So it is launching!

I'm in denial! The launch will occur at the earliest possible opportunity! Go Booster! Go EECOM! Go Capsule! Go Capcom! Flight Director says go for terminal count autosequence start!

XD Sooo awesome.