Top, Top, Top of the World

At this timearrow-10x10.png next year

I may have enough to buy the wholearrow-10x10.png da..

Whoops wrong one. This challenge is to land/drive/fly to any highest peak in the solar systemarrow-10x10.png. So Tylo, Dres, Moho, etceteria. Simple at first, but hard in reality. You don't only have to get to the peak, you have to fly to the planet and have a worthy craft to land precisely. Right, let's get on the the storyarrow-10x10.png from the kerbal's POV.

Story

"Have you ever seen a sunrise from the highest point," said Bill. "Highest point? Already been there," exclaimed Jeb. "No, I mean anywhere else out there, like Tylo, or the Mun." "Well no, no I haven't...." "Well, the government was generous to give us money for such a mission, and you can fly the craftarrow-10x10.png if you wish." "Can't hear you Bill, I'm getting interference from the enginesarrow-10x10.png on the rocket." "Oh boy, here we go.........."

Main Mission

Land on the highest point anywhere in the system with the lowest funds possible, and returnarrow-10x10.png.

DA RULES

Visual and Info Mods only*

No Cheats, Debug Menuarrow-10x10.png, or Edited Configs

No Commando Seats

No more than 2 launches (Drive and Lander can be assembled in orbit)

Must be a new rocket (built in VAB, and used in mission)

YOU MUST RETURN, MAY IT BE FROM GILLY TO EVE, ALL MISSIONS MUST BE SAFE ON KERBIN AT END

Scoreboard

Kerbin Galore (Kerbin, Minmus, or Mun)

Hot as Hell (Eve or Moho)

Rather be Red than Dead (Duna and Ike)

Lonely Space Potato (Dres)

Jolly Green Giant (Jool and it's Moons)

Big Ball of Ice (Eeloo)

*If your payload to completearrow-10x10.png the mission is THAT heavy, use KW Rocketry or something to launch it to ORBIT ONLY

Side challengesarrow-10x10.png

No bodies under 300km

Lowest mass

Land exactly on targetarrow-10x10.png with no driving/flying

If I figure it out eventually, I'll make a badge for the people who take this on.

Happy fail...I mean flying!

Went ahead and fixed it for ya. Just open the spoiler, copy and paste whats in there over your OP. Good luck!

At this time next year

I may have enough to buy the whole da..

Whoops wrong one. This challenge is to land/drive/fly to any highest peak in the solar system. So Tylo, Dres, Moho, etceteria. Simple at first, but hard in reality. You don't only have to get to the peak, you have to fly to the planet and have a worthy craft to land precisely. Right, let's get on the the story from the kerbal's POV.

Story

"Have you ever seen a sunrise from the highest point," said Bill. "Highest point? Already been there," exclaimed Jeb. "No, I mean anywhere else out there, like Tylo, or the Mun." "Well no, no I haven't...." "Well, the government was generous to give us money for such a mission, and you can fly the craft if you wish." "Can't hear you Bill, I'm getting interference from the engines on the rocket." "Oh boy, here we go.........."

Main Mission

Land on the highest point anywhere in the system with the lowest funds possible, and return.

DA RULES

Visual and Info Mods only*

No Cheats, Debug Menu or Edited Configs

No Commando Seats

No more than 2 launches (Drive and Lander can be assembled in orbit)

Must be a new rocket (built in VAB, and used in mission)

YOU MUST RETURN, MAY IT BE FROM GILLY TO EVE, ALL MISSIONS MUST BE SAFE ON KERBIN AT END

Scoreboard

Kerbin Galore (Kerbin, Minmus, or Mun)

Hot as Hell (Eve or Moho)

Rather be Red than Dead (Duna and Ike)

Lonely Space Potato (Dres)

Jolly Green Giant (Jool and it's Moons)

Big Ball of Ice (Eeloo)

*If your payload to complete the mission is THAT heavy, use KW Rocketry or something to launch it to ORBIT ONLY

Side challenges:

No bodies under 300km

Lowest mass

Land exactly on target with no driving/flying

If I figure it out eventually, I'll make a badge for the people who take this on.

Happy fail...I mean flying!

so you need to play with the ksp version 0.17

because back then, eve had 11km high mountains, and they beat everything else in the kerbol-system. and since you didn't specify the ksp-version, only that it needs to be stock, that would be perfectly valid. and players who went to eve routinely landed there, because it was the best spot to actually make it back to orbit.

so you need to play with the ksp version 0.17

because back then, eve had 11km high mountains, and they beat everything else in the kerbol-system. and since you didn't specify the ksp-version, only that it needs to be stock, that would be perfectly valid. and players who went to eve routinely landed there, because it was the best spot to actually make it back to orbit.

11km isn't all that much considering that Bop has a 21 755 meters tall peak. And getting there isn't necessarily that much more costly than getting to Eve if you know your gravity assists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.