How to lock things in cargo hold

gilflo

Hello guys,

I am wondering how to lock, tanks, satellite or something else in MK2 or MK3 cargo hold.

I see attach nodes but I am unable to attach any docking port or anything that would hold in place my freight.

Any advices?

Must be so simple I don't see it!

Hold the [Alt] key while placing the part. Holding [Alt] will temporarily disable surface attachment.

You might want to enable part clipping.

If you're worried the docking port won't hold the weight use more struts.

You mean how to move your payload out of the cargobay? Anything that fits inside the Mk2 or Mk3 bay can easily be moved with RCS. The stock sepratrons are way too powerful to do such a delicate job.

Your cargo doesn't even have to be equipped with RCS. Instead of moving your cargo up out of the bay, you can also move your cargo plane down.

sometimes the parts attach to the inside node of the cargo bays... making it impossible to place other parts inside, you have to detach and attach again to place it at the right node... then you can place parts inside.

A trick to safe hold parts inside cargo bays w/o using struts is using 2 docking ports.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.