Game Playback with Custom Camera

It's been a while since I was last here so forgive me if this had been discussed. Couldn't find anything through searches or the do not discuss list.

Quite simply, I'd like a way to essentially record the game data so that it can be played back, manipulated (speed) and viewed from various angles. This provides far superior tools to work with when creating videos as opposed to just recording as it happens.

Rather than pre-define a few different camera angles, give the user the ability to place the camera where they want, allowing them to zoom as required, and most importantly include an option to track the spacecraft's center of mass and automatically zoom based on distance. This would allow us to replicate most standard broadcast cameras.

Obviously I wouldn't expect this to be anything more than a low priority addition, but something I would like to see nonetheless.

Wouldn't that mean massive amounts of data, for large or multiple crafts?

Perhaps? I'm not talking about recording all the time, you'd have to start and stop manually, assuming the data size is an issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.