Squadcast Summary for 2015-04-18 - Picture Perfect Edition!

HafCoJoe

Post-merge edit: See ObsessedWithKSP's Squadcast Summary here: Link

Pictures released from the 4/17 SQUADCAST:

1. We saved the Lifesaver! Here's the new Xenon tank

6pAlfA5.jpg

2. Here's it on a craft:

NDFBvXW.png

3. Some new wings! - With fuel capacity!

tby5gyY.jpg

4. Some new intakes! - I'm a big fan of these personally.

7gfvOKf.jpg

5. New cargo bays! - note that the central beam has been removed by RoverDude since this image was released.

XL1VKUx.jpg

6. Heatshields!!

jNFCnBN.jpg

7. Mining Asteroids!

VjYaPql.jpg

8. Let's take a closer look at that snou... I mean, drill!

ujlQmNY.png

9. Stock fairings! I love the textures, but the separation IMO could be cleaner. ;)

c4Jub1i.jpg

Edited by Avera9eJoe

That's so awesome!! I've been wanting round cargo bays ever since they introduced the funny-shaped space-plane bays (since I hate space planes). Although, even I admit the new intakes look cool. I may have to revisit planes once the new aero is in. Heat shields look really nice too, as does the mining.

Oooh, 2 and 3 look pretty cool. Although the wings are a bit thick by themselves... maybe they have fuel in them? :o

And YES, I know SQUADCAST is going on as I type this. I'm too lazy to watch it alright

Those wings are the small tips or canards as I take it. They also hold fuel in them. :)

Cargo bays rule, although I hope it's possible to fit the materials bay inside the 2.5m one. I think i'd like it better without that center column (although that could be useful for radially attaching things maybe).

Also, what about heat shields for spaceplanes? Or will they be naturally more heat-resistant and not need ablative coating?

1. We saved the Lifesaver! Here's the new Xenon tank

http://i.imgur.com/wR7RRlY.png

We would have thought they would have made a recolor of the Round-8, and they went a step further

They are... er.... intresting looking?

3. Some new intakes!

http://i.imgur.com/bU15FFX.png

They look nice and worn actually.

I see potential uses, but the middle beam will ruin alot of stuff. If it has to be there, but the third cargo bay seems to say there will be a version without one.

I am guessing decouplers under heatshields are similar to decouplers under engines.

So, apparently meteors are mineable soon.

Cargo bays rule, although I hope it's possible to fit the materials bay inside the 2.5m one. I think i'd like it better without that center column (although that could be useful for radially attaching things maybe).

Also, what about heat shields for spaceplanes? Or will they be naturally more heat-resistant and not need ablative coating?

You know, I wonder if spaceplane parts will have ablative coating on the bottom of them. That would add to realism. The black coating model on the bottom already fits with the idea!

They are... er.... intresting looking?

Those wings are actually wet wings and hold fuel! Super rad.

So for use with the Mk.3 parts we get:

- bigger wings (and yes, they carry fuel)

- bigger gear

- bigger intakes

That somehow feels like what's now missing would be a bigger engine...?

I love all of the new parts, the equipment bays are awesome!

Thanks, SQUAD, for listening to the Round-8 fanclub!

I see potential uses, but the middle beam will ruin alot of stuff. If it has to be there, but the third cargo bay seems to say there will be a version without one.

As far as I understood Maxmaps, these are not cargo bays, but equipment bays. Meant for a lot of the small stuff that was previously radially attached (batteries, science instruments, etc.) but can now be placed in these things so it doesn't burn up on reentry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.