Oddly Shaped Payload

Hi guys, got a challenge for you

Im trying to set up a base on the moon, and Ive set up my first part. The problem is, the Mobile Crane I've designed to move the pieces of the puzzle around is very oddly shaped, and my rudimentary construction skills are making it incredibly hard to get into Orbit.

mdeT4Q8.jpg

This is the actual crane, and as you can see, it not the most aerodynamic object. My challenge/plea to you guys is to create a stable launch vehicle that can get it to the Mun

Heres the download link; http://www./download/24na4nx1iv7a4rc/Heavy_Lift_RC.craft

Youll need Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Foundries, and Mechjeb for the download to work

Thanks!

Edited by Morzaniant

Do you use FAR? May I assume you have all tech available since you have the nanolathing node?

edit: There is a part called Kosmos Strut Connector in there as well. What's that from?

Edited by Randazzo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/or9j9mrfrt63ont/Heavy%20Lift%20RC%20-%20test%20model%201.craft?dl=0

There ya go, not pretty, but it works. If you use FAR, I can promise it will not work. I also strongly suggest you get Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (I use KJR, you might need to add more struts if you don't. I did add quite a few anyway.) and the Stock Bugfix Mod before you try to use that thing. Once you've landed, you'll need to throttle up and quickly stage off the landing assembly. It'll fly off on it's own and crash somewhere. I had ~450 dV left over when I landed, if you find you need a little more, just add some boosters to the outer mainsail stacks. Also: Add some solar panels, and go real easy on the brakes once you're on the Mun.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Kosmos Strut Connector is from the KOSMOS russian rocket/spacecraft pack.

And thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.