The Oscar-B Awards! (Results Are Out!!)

BagelRabbit

As soon as I'm done with this post, I'll put up 'Finalist' badges on the OP. Be sure to check them out!

~~~

I would like a full report on why the channels that lost lost. Was my channel playing games other than KSP one of the reasons it lost? If so, that's rigged. Sorry for this, but I really thought I could get to finals. Also, definite rig with how BaconSpaceProgram got in.

I'm honestly sorry.

I can't speak for any of the other judges, but I can say that your channel wasn't bad. However, it could have used a little more fast-paced content, a little more editing on the videos, and perhaps shorter video duration (even Scott Manley's videos push the boundaries of my attention span sometimes). In addition, while I didn't count anything against you for having non-KSP videos, some of the other judges might have. I don't know.

Rather than becoming discouraged due to your less-than-optimal finish, I would recommend trying to channel your energy towards making your channel better, so that when/if another Oscar-B ever happens, you'll be ready to claim a top spot.

~~~

Nothing was rigged here, either. If it was, my channel probably would have gotten more than a fourth-place finish from one of the judges and stayed completely off the podium for all of the others :rolleyes: I do, however, respect all of the other judges' decisions.

Were the results biased? Perhaps, just because different people like different types of content. Let me interject that judges were not allowed to vote for themselves; this actually put them at a slight disadvantage. I, for one, really liked BaconSpaceProgram's content because it showcased some nice ideas and some beautiful craft in a way that was quite aesthetically appealing. I can't remember where I ranked it, but it was somewhere in the top four; several other judges liked it as well. So that's why it's a finalist right now.

Anyway, don't be unhappy about this, tempting though it may be. If you want to discuss this further, shoot me a PM, okay?

-Upsilon

OMG I made it into the finals!!! My eyes are focused here now that High School is over. :)

Excuse me while I spin out another video...

You and me both! Good luck to you, sir, and may the best channels win!

Though honestly making the finals feels about as good as winning! Hooray!!

You and me both! Good luck to you, sir, and may the best channels win!

Though honestly making the finals feels about as good as winning! Hooray!!

Good luck to you too! I'm happy I made it into the finals too :). I would be honored to hold a title, and I would also be happy to congratulate a fellow gamer on gaining the title as well. When it all comes down to it we are all here because we enjoy playing an amazing game, and we all want to share our fun experiences with other people. I'll probably put a blorb in my sig linking the winner of best up and coming channel regardless of who wins. This was such a great idea!

Good luck to you too! I'm happy I made it into the finals too :). I would be honored to hold a title, and I would also be happy to congratulate a fellow gamer on gaining the title as well. When it all comes down to it we are all here because we enjoy playing an amazing game, and we all want to share our fun experiences with other people. I'll probably put a blorb in my sig linking the winner of best up and coming channel regardless of who wins. This was such a great idea!

congrats Joe! Good luck!

Good idea! whoever wins best up and comer needs a boost, I'm going to do this, too!

It's about time I updated my Signature ;). I may or may not have had to convert the line of text on the bottom to an image to save characters... and shorten [almost] all of the links... F5CB59F85FB1C445802CFC85204269D9C02FADB4

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Big congrats to all the channel finalists!!! And good luck guys!

While my videos are up for awards too, IMO your Duna mission should win something. You (and the real mission) inspired my current YT series: Project Odyssey.

The anticipation! it burns! This awards thing was a fantastic idea, i've never felt so pumped to play KSP! I'm going to do an SSTO spaceplane video with my shiny, new, non-crap microphone to celebrate! Well, i'm going to ATTEMPT to do that... I've actually never done it before...

While my videos are up for awards too, IMO your Duna mission should win something. You (and the real mission) inspired my current YT series: Project Odyssey.

I have to agree with you Felbourn. :). Your video was quite inspiring to me. Especially when I started up my channel! I'd give you an award in a heartbeat if I could. ^-^

Thanks Man! :) I did love making that vid!

And big congrats for becoming a finalist for Best KSP Channel Overall! Well deserved Sir!

Thanks! and I shall! i'll get it somewhere or die trying! well, the kerbals will be doing the dying... I'll keep adding boosters until most of the McDuna restaurant ends up somewhere!

That sounds really hilarious and epic lol. We might see a burger go into the sun or get shot out beyond Jool never to return...

As one of the judges, I got to say that it was tough to make decisions in some of the categories. There was a lot of quality video to choose from. KSP sure has a lot of talented folk playing it. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.