KSP Throwback Screenshot Thread

Bandock

Just before 1.0 gets released, I say we have a nice thread consisting of screenshots from various versions of KSP.

To get started, here is one of my old screenshots depicting my first attempt at proper Mun landing (but failed due to the rocket falling apart) from version 0.13.3:

FirstFailedMunLanding1_zpsf8d3e220.png

This screenshot was taken on March 15th, 2012. Fortunately, my next attempt was indeed my first successful attempt at Mun landing which happened around the same night. Anyone else got screenshots from older versions?

P.S.: This of course has the long dead original Command Pod. :P

Very nice screenshots. I never encountered the first eclipse system when I played unless it came from an earlier version before I played as my first version was 0.13.2 (unless I haven't encountered it due to landing at a different spot).

All aboard the nostalgia train! Back in my day, the moon looked like this:

screenshot18.jpg

and we were grateful! (We still are!) Yes, that's my second landing. My first looked quite a lot like yours, Bandock and Dizzle. Quite the emotional roller coaster, to finally touch Mun, knowing there "should" be enough fuel to get them home, everything worked, and.... no.

Here's the contraption that got us there:

Stock_Munship%20mk%201.jpg

Pretty sure it needs more boosters!

Those are both dated Feb 14, 2012. So, version 13.2, I think. To me, the most important thing about these shots are all three crew are in their traditional places. If you look closely at the loading screen 2001 easter egg, you'll notice they are arranged this way.

That launch tower... That darn launch tower! How I dreaded that craft-consuming monster!

I believe this is why we never see any traffic from KSC2: all their rockets hit the tower and explode.

Oh yeah, remember when there were no landing gear? That decoupler/fin arrangement was the only way. Think I got the idea from StreetLampPro.

Ah yes, I remember that dang launch tower that made constructing excessively large rockets impossible without exploding into a giant fireball. :P

Yeah, I remember something about that loading screen from the past. And of course, old-fashioned Kerbal portraits until they went full-3D.

Edited by Bandock

Here's my first munshot that actually landed! Well, mostly landed. It's from the demo version nearly a year ago, so whatever old version the demo is based on.

FirstMunshotLanded.png

And speaking of the old launch tower... here's the (embarrassingly large) launch vehicle that I used to get it to the Mun in the first place. Like I said, it's from the demo version, so I was working with the limited parts available.

FirstMunshotLaunchpad.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.