[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I have an issue with a space station in Munar orbit. It has 5 crew members & the habitat rating is for over 180 days. The crew has been on-station for about 2 months. The issue: I moved two crew into a lander (Mk2 Landing can, hab rating of 7 days fully manned). When I undocked, they immediately went into Tourist status. Luckily I had quick-saved before undocking & I was able to turn of the habitat effects. But to my mind, this defeats the purpose of using this mod. 

Is this a known issue, something new, or a feature?

21 minutes ago, TyroneAlfonso said:

Has anyone had the issue where their life support supplies disappear immediately when docking??  This happens every time I dock with my first station in my new career.

9be2g3YAZlBHpzFvbQ2AyxErQqsKcCI64-9kPNxf

YcD9AIabjiuCLLx0YHrDCMK6wKQpqASz5OtcKjPi

I've experienced this in the past but it was believed fixed in a recent version of USI-LS.  If your save is just stock plus USI mods, posting a copy so RD can dig into it would be very helpful.

15 minutes ago, mcortez said:

I've experienced this in the past but it was believed fixed in a recent version of USI-LS.  If your save is just stock plus USI mods, posting a copy so RD can dig into it would be very helpful.

No, I have a bunch of mods.  Original post updated with a mod list.

Thanks for chiming in.

First of all I'd like to thank you, RoverDude, for this and other amazing mods.

Not sure if I found a bug or I'm doing something wrong: It seems that during catch up recyclers aren't taken into account.

Basically I put 3 kerbals, 500 supplies and 3 recyclers into orbit, when I start the recyclers the supplies countdown increases to 53 days, as expected.
M13ciiV.jpg

Then I time warp in the tracking station for 5 days: 48 days of supplies left.
IpP529C.png

But when I get back to the vessel, there are only 41 days of supplies left and 162 supplies were consumed, the exact amount for 3 kerbals during 5 days and no recyclers working.
kKytOgR.png

Edited by TinoR

12 minutes ago, Agustin said:

No answer yet. I  should add that I tested this with multiple versions of UsiTools and MKS and the only thing that breaks it is the last version (0.5.16.0) of LifeSupport. Anyone else having this issue?

Not complaining, just trying to narrow possibilities for possible fixes, just trying to help, but tell me if this is not needed or already noted.

As you've confirmed it is an issue with USI-LS the discussion should be had here.

Doesn't seem to be an issue anyone has noted before. I've not personally noticed any issues. If this is still unresolved when i'm back at my rig i'll take a look and confirm. Around 10 hours from now.

Posted on the MKS thread, but was told this should be here:

USI Life Support 0.5.16.0 is giving me infinite red messeges on the Log, about null exceptions, which grow my log file size in huge numbers rapidly, a soon as I add in the VAB a colonization Module. I downgraded to 0.5.15.0 and everything is fine. Is it only me? I just did this with ONLY USI + mks installed (plus CCK CRP, ModuleManager, firespitter and UsiTools)

MKS pre release posted by RoverDude on page 7.

USITools_0.8.9.0

CRP v0.6.5.0

CCK 1.2.1.0

Firespitter 7.5.1

ModuleManager 2.7.5

Usi Life support 0.5.16.0 ==> constante red nullReference messages // Usi Life Support 0.5.15.0 everything fine.

I  should add that I tested this with multiple versions of UsiTools and MKS and the only thing that breaks it is the last version (0.5.16.0) of LifeSupport. Anyone else having this issue?

Not complaining, just trying to narrow possibilities for possible fixes, just trying to help, but tell me if this is not needed or already noted.

Does anyone else had the problem, that with the current USI-LS version the supplies get somehow false calculated?

I start a orbit rendevous around kerbin mission, without supplies and at mission start I had the 14? days grace period. Works as designed. I sent up a second ship, rendevous, docking, decoupling and then deorbit around 3h MET ... I see now that supplies count as depleted / run out. However, Jeb was still working. So it may be just the information window is wrong. MET was just 3h.

I also recognized this on a mun mission, that also way way below the 12 or 14 days grace period... just wondering.

I don't have many specific details because I could not easily reproduce, but I did lose supplies on my Minmus ground bases.  Not sure how.  I noticed that the 10,000 supplies I had in PL disappeared after I applied the recent updates. It could be that they disappeared from PL, or that the supplies disappeared on the base locally and were refreshed from PL.  I chalked it up to upgrade issues and Hyperedited the supplies to their previous level, but it did happen to me also

53 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Does anyone else had the problem, that with the current USI-LS version the supplies get somehow false calculated?

I did have a situation where I wondered where all my supplies just disappeared.

Not enough information though, I need to do some more playing/testing.

3 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

I start a orbit rendevous around kerbin mission, without supplies and at mission start I had the 14? days grace period. Works as designed. I sent up a second ship, rendevous, docking, decoupling and then deorbit around 3h MET ... I see now that supplies count as depleted / run out. However, Jeb was still working. So it may be just the information window is wrong. MET was just 3h.

I also recognized this on a mun mission, that also way way below the 12 or 14 days grace period... just wondering.

I've had this issue off and on for the last several versions, as well as the habitation multiplier being calculated incorrectly as well.  I haven't found a fix, and although I've replicated it across several different machines on my end, it seems to be a hard bug(s) to reproduce, as other people's installs seem to work just fine.  I also am having weird issues with the LS monitor in the VAB which literally nobody else seems to have lol.

If you manage to figure anything out, please let me know.

11 hours ago, Agustin said:

Posted on the MKS thread, but was told this should be here:

USI Life Support 0.5.16.0 is giving me infinite red messeges on the Log, about null exceptions, which grow my log file size in huge numbers rapidly, a soon as I add in the VAB a colonization Module. I downgraded to 0.5.15.0 and everything is fine. Is it only me? I just did this with ONLY USI + mks installed (plus CCK CRP, ModuleManager, firespitter and UsiTools)

MKS pre release posted by RoverDude on page 7.

USITools_0.8.9.0

CRP v0.6.5.0

CCK 1.2.1.0

Firespitter 7.5.1

ModuleManager 2.7.5

Usi Life support 0.5.16.0 ==> constante red nullReference messages // Usi Life Support 0.5.15.0 everything fine.

I  should add that I tested this with multiple versions of UsiTools and MKS and the only thing that breaks it is the last version (0.5.16.0) of LifeSupport. Anyone else having this issue?

I can confirm this. Exact same behavior in a stock + USI only game. Same versions as above.

I get the log spam constantly with the colonization modules in VAB, stops as soon as the part is deleted, i get one nullReference on the pioneers and medbays.

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

20 hours ago, TyroneAlfonso said:

Has anyone had the issue where their life support supplies disappear immediately when docking??  This happens every time I dock with my first station in my new career.

9be2g3YAZlBHpzFvbQ2AyxErQqsKcCI64-9kPNxf

YcD9AIabjiuCLLx0YHrDCMK6wKQpqASz5OtcKjPi

sIoxVBQ1nt6MjY62MdLbXxdyCwdH_0EW5O73P5gj

I think this is the same issue I am having but cannot be sure.  https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/pull/201

Roverdude, do you know if this will be fixed/patched soon?  No rush, thanks for all your great work.

22 hours ago, TyroneAlfonso said:

Off-topic but can I ask what skybox you're using there? It looks nifty.

Roverdude, disregard my request.  I fixed it.

If anyone else has a similar problem, try what I did.  Simply uninstall USI Life Support through ckan and install it manually by drag and drop.  I suppose doing it that way overwrote whatever was causing the problem.

10 minutes ago, archnem said:

Off-topic but can I ask what skybox you're using there? It looks nifty.

Its called Pood's Calm Nebula Skybox, I found it on ckan.  Its my favorite of the 3 on there.

I really recommend my mod list posted above for a career playthrough.

Edited by TyroneAlfonso

Can anyone else confirm this CTT bug for me please. I have tried to figure it out, tried removing the hide empty tech node mod but that isn't interfering with it. A good deal of my usi ls parts are all dumped into the first survivability node for some reason. Have looked at the cfg and it seems ok but for some reason does not want to work.

A pic of the node;

Spoiler

X5TRS22.png

Have also deleted and re installed CTT and the same error occurs.

On 1/10/2017 at 4:38 PM, TyroneAlfonso said:

Roverdude, disregard my request.  I fixed it.

If anyone else has a similar problem, try what I did.  Simply uninstall USI Life Support through ckan and install it manually by drag and drop.  I suppose doing it that way overwrote whatever was causing the problem.

Its called Pood's Calm Nebula Skybox, I found it on ckan.  Its my favorite of the 3 on there.

I really recommend my mod list posted above for a career playthrough.

RETRACTION:  It still isn't working afterall.  The station does seem to consume life support even while empty.  Is this an ongoing thing?

@TyroneAlfonso Damn that's a lot of mods! Have you checked the corners of your station for any stowaways? :P

First thing you should do is recreate the issue with a clean KSP install with only USI installed.So you'd stick a station in orbit(obviously might need to be a little different) then go rendezvous as normal, if the issue is still present then the subsequent save file will be a great help to RD and can be added to the github issue, if it is not present then you'll know it's being caused by something else and then you can have a really fun time taking those mods out one by one to see what is causing it.