How to fix those heatshields! (get rid of command pod flipping into the heat!)

Endersmens

The number isn't to be taken literally. It's just a value. They assigned 0 to a part being significant because it is the first integer and in computer coding I'm pretty sure it makes thing easier to start at 0. Like in minecraft, gamemode 0 is survival, gamemode 1 is creative. Took me forever to figure out how to get back to survival. :)

Actually it has to do with the fact that in program Numbering starts at 0... And ends where you want it dependent on if its an Integer, Double... Etc. :)

If I really want to confuse you. When you think of programming and you have a value of 3... You have 4 values in total.. 0,1,2,3... :)

Actually it has to do with the fact that in program Numbering starts at 0... And ends where you want it dependent on if its an Integer, Double... Etc. :)

If I really want to confuse you. When you think of programming and you have a value of 3... You have 4 values in total.. 0,1,2,3... :)

You said the same thing I did, just using different words. :P

When you think of programming and you have a value of 3... You have 4 values in total.. 0,1,2,3... :)

Not in FORTRAN (which I still occasionally use at work) ;)

Still, I agree that it's confusing. From what I read here it's used as a boolean, therefore 0 should be false, and 1 should be true...

And in all reality, this number may actually represent a BOOLEAN value not an actual INTEGER.

For instance, 0 = True and 1 = False (or vise-versa). It may be just a "flag" to let the program know whether or not to include the part's mass on the part it's attached to or as it's own mass (thereby shifting the CoM of the vessel toward the part, instead of just adding the mass to the attached part).

EDIT: Ninja'd on the boolean info :D

Excellent fix! If your a coder. How about those of us who don't have the "expertise" of programming. Is this something that's going to be fixed? (one would think so.)Or is this a problem that only a "mod" or reprogramming code will cure.

Excellent fix! If your a coder. How about those of us who don't have the "expertise" of programming. Is this something that's going to be fixed? (one would think so.)Or is this a problem that only a "mod" or reprogramming code will cure.

Did you read the instructions? You don't have to be a coder whatsoever to do that. All you have to do is follow the address to the heatshield folder and open the CFG and change a 1 to a 0.

Thanks for the fix, I didn't even know this was a bug until I saw it here, I just thought the heatshields were too light. I guess my clever work-around of putting the heatshield on top of the capsule isn't needed anymore! :wink:

I figured it would end up here eventually, but so many people were freaking out about it, I thought putting it in general would help more people faster. Sorry for abusing the system. I had good intentions though! :)

Also, you put it in the questions section, shouldn't it be in tutorials? Or am I just totally lost?

I figured it would end up here eventually, but so many people were freaking out about it, I thought putting it in general would help more people faster. Sorry for abusing the system. I had good intentions though! :)

Also, you put it in the questions section, shouldn't it be in tutorials? Or am I just totally lost?

You might be lost, this section of the forums is called Gameplay Questions & Tutorials.

Also : if you know where stuff goes, put it there! >:(

You might be lost, this section of the forums is called Gameplay Questions & Tutorials.

Also : if you know where stuff goes, put it there! >:(

But...there's a "tutorials" subforum. Isn't this a tutorial?

Also I wasn't positive it was gonna go here. Just thought it might get moved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.