[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

37 minutes ago, martinezfg11 said:

Also, here's a video of the planet ground render issue I mentioned earlier

Okay, that's really bizarre.  All of my testing was from orbit, so maybe that accounts for the difference.

Can you put a zip file somewhere (dropbox, or whatever) that has the pod / IVA / prop / configs so I can debug the issue on a real use case?  You can PM the link if you prefer.

I was playing around withe autopilot panel (which I assume required mechjeb?) and could see things like setting prograde, target relative velocity +, etc. but could not access a "maneuver planning" portion - circularize, hohmann transfer to target, change apoapsis, etc. 

Are there any plans to allow access to these in RPM if MechJeb is installed?

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

I was playing around withe autopilot panel (which I assume required mechjeb?) and could see things like setting prograde, target relative velocity +, etc. but could not access a "maneuver planning" portion - circularize, hohmann transfer to target, change apoapsis, etc. 

Are there any plans to allow access to these in RPM if MechJeb is installed?

Which IVA? RPM supports all of those features in MechJeb, but the IVA also has to be designed to provide those capabilities.

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Which IVA? RPM supports all of those features in MechJeb, but the IVA also has to be designed to provide those capabilities.

It was the Mk1-2 Pod replacement by alexustas: 

I'll post over there; thanks.

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@MOARdV Have you had a chance to look at the docking port I sent you to see why I get a blank view in the RPM docking camera? If not, what can I do to help with your investigation? Thanks again for your help! :)

Sorry, I have not yet - I've been making a raft of changes to RPM, and getting a list of features in for alexustas.  I think the docking port should be next up.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@MOARdV Have you had a chance to look at the docking port I sent you to see why I get a blank view in the RPM docking camera? If not, what can I do to help with your investigation? Thanks again for your help! :)

Okay, I took a look at it, and ... I don't see anything amiss from the plugin's point of view.  I can add a camera to the docking node, and it sees just fine.  If I try to use the reference part camera, the camera instantiates, and it's recording black.  Does your mesh have any surfaces facing back between the root game object and the front of the docking port?  That would explain the problem (if the view is blocked by something), but I'm just guessing at that.

33 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Okay, I took a look at it, and ... I don't see anything amiss from the plugin's point of view.  I can add a camera to the docking node, and it sees just fine.  If I try to use the reference part camera, the camera instantiates, and it's recording black.  Does your mesh have any surfaces facing back between the root game object and the front of the docking port?  That would explain the problem (if the view is blocked by something), but I'm just guessing at that.

No surfaces that I know of, maybe I set up the port wrong in Unity? I sent an import package along with the part.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

No surfaces that I know of, maybe I set up the port wrong in Unity? I sent an import package along with the part.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

Not really sure what to do with the import package...  I can stumble around in Unity using PartTools to set up IVA, and I finally figured out how to generate asset bundles for KSP, but that is the extent of my Mad Unity Skillz (TM).

In any case, since the camera exists, it looks like something is obscuring the view.

16 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Not really sure what to do with the import package...  I can stumble around in Unity using PartTools to set up IVA, and I finally figured out how to generate asset bundles for KSP, but that is the extent of my Mad Unity Skillz (TM).

In any case, since the camera exists, it looks like something is obscuring the view.

Hm, ok, the part specifies "top" as the docking node, what transform does the camera use? Can you specify a transform to use for the camera?

18 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm, ok, the part specifies "top" as the docking node, what transform does the camera use? Can you specify a transform to use for the camera?

The "ReferenceDockingPort" uses the root transform of the part.  I do not know why (this was a section Mihara coded up long ago).  I am tempted to change it to use the docking node, instead - I think that makes more sense for a docking port camera.  But that would require some testing to make sure I don't break existing parts.

34 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

The "ReferenceDockingPort" uses the root transform of the part.  I do not know why (this was a section Mihara coded up long ago).  I am tempted to change it to use the docking node, instead - I think that makes more sense for a docking port camera.  But that would require some testing to make sure I don't break existing parts.

I would gladly help test.  

While were at it,  I've noticed some situations with the ALCOR capsule where the Pod Camera "flips" 180 degrees horizontally creating a mirror image.  Any thoughts on this?   I haven't found a way to repeat the problem reliably but will continue to try.

48 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I see. :) If that is the case, maybe the docking port isn't oriented correctly? Here is how it looks in Unity:

Br0h7o1.jpg

28 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

While were at it,  I've noticed some situations with the ALCOR capsule where the Pod Camera "flips" 180 degrees horizontally creating a mirror image.  Any thoughts on this?   I haven't found a way to repeat the problem reliably but will continue to try.

That was a bug in the v0.26.1 dev build - if you update, it should be gone (it shouldn't be present in v0.26.0, IIRC).

17 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I see. :) If that is the case, maybe the docking port isn't oriented correctly? Here is how it looks in Unity:

I checked the reference part orientations against a stock docking port, and they were the same.  It's something else (I just don't know what),

13 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

I have updated the dev build on DropBox to use the docking node instead of the root transform on the docking port.  I have checked this again the stock docking ports and @Angel-125's docking port to make sure an image is visible, but I have not tested it in use (as in, docking), so I don't know how it behaves there.

25 minutes ago, Bovan said:

How do you access the Pilotassistant MFD Menu?

Does it even exist?

No.  It's a feature that RPM supports, but it requires an IVA designed to use it.  The sample IVAs included in this mod (including the MFDs) scratch the surface of what this mod is capable of doing, but they don't showcase most of the features.  To my knowledge, the only IVA that has Pilot Assistant functions incorporated in it is the B737 cockpit by DeputyLOL.

1 minute ago, MOARdV said:

No.  It's a feature that RPM supports, but it requires an IVA designed to use it.  The sample IVAs included in this mod (including the MFDs) scratch the surface of what this mod is capable of doing, but they don't showcase most of the features.  To my knowledge, the only IVA that has Pilot Assistant functions incorporated in it is the B737 cockpit by DeputyLOL.

Thanks for the information.

2 hours ago, googbo said:

No It didn't answer my problem

Have you tried completely deleting the JSI folder form GameData and extracting a freshly downloaded version?  If you have not tried this, I will likely fix your problems

4 hours ago, googbo said:

No It didn't answer my problem

Let me quote it here directly, then:

Did you install using CKAN? I do not support CKAN installations. It has incorrectly installed this mod in the past. Uninstall RasterPropMonitor through CKAN and install this mod manually.

If that doesn't work, I strongly recommend you look at the KSP forum post on getting support for mods.

In particular, notice the "If that doesn't work..." sentence.  Posting "the screens don't do anything i just have a white screen with textures how do i fix this" tells me nothing of your situation, and it provides me no information to work with.  If you installed the mod manually, and you followed the instructions in the README that comes with this mod, then you need to click through the link above to the mod support thread to find out what information you need to provide to get assistance.  At the very least, you need to provide logs, as explained in the mod support thread.

At a casual check, RPM v0.26.0 is good-to-go with KSP 1.1.3.

If someone who has a career game going can check to see if nav waypoints work with the PFD NavBall, I'd appreciate it.  The release notes mentioned something that may be relevant, and I have not been able to get a waypoint contract with the career game I was testing (even when I tried to create it in the debug menu).