P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

Update: there are only two weapons left to remodel before every missile is using ao and good textures. After that I will finally shift focus to guns

Currently I have the turrets from an m2 bradely (newest bmp whatever its called) T-90ms, mk.19 pintle mount, and a few more.such as a kashtan ciws

@LORDPrometheus, I had a chance to try your mod earlier while I was streaming. I found a number of bugs; I'll compile a list and send it to you privately via PM. Have you tested your missiles with FAR? Most of them fly very slowly, at around Mach 0.28 or less (110m/s).

@LORDPrometheus, I had a chance to try your mod earlier while I was streaming. I found a number of bugs; I'll compile a list and send it to you privately via PM. Have you tested your missiles with FAR? Most of them fly very slowly, at around Mach 0.28 or less (110m/s).

I am aware that most missiles have poor aero and unbalanced engines at this point in time and a list would be very helpful thank you

Update:

Development continues and the remodeling of the AIM-26 and MIM-14 Nike are complete

Still need to finish the GBU-57A and BLU-82

Currently I have also finished the turret for a T-90MS I'm just grappling with making it work properly. It is slightly smaller and lighter than the M-1Abrams turret with a more powerful gun with a slightly higher rate of fire but lower accuracy and range

Once it works I will still not release it until the R-11 update and it will come alongside the other previously mentioned weapons

My boring art class means I now want to also make some helicopter chin guns

Edited by LORDPrometheus

My boring art class means I now want to also make some helicopter chin guns

OOOOHH, M-197 from the cobra, the 30mm autocannon from the Eurocopter Tiger, and...maybe the Yak-B or Gsh-23L from the Hind? All of those are incredibly potent weapons, but the sound of the Yak-B is particularly unique and awesome.

OOOOHH, M-197 from the cobra, the 30mm autocannon from the Eurocopter Tiger, and...maybe the Yak-B or Gsh-23L from the Hind? All of those are incredibly potent weapons, but the sound of the Yak-B is particularly unique and awesome.

I am making the turret of a BMP-2/BTR-90 and noticed how cool the same gun looked on a helicopter mount so that got me thinking... Good luck flying a helicopter in ksp while using a chin mounted Gatling gun but if all goes to plan it will be a thing.

On a side note I've also been very interested in the armaments of the AC130 spooky 2 and predator drones so maybe a griffon missile of small diameter bomb are in the mix. I want to try and screw with the rocket pod code to make a Zuni pod too since everyone talks about it but no one does it. Any requests guys I need inspiration! Lol I'm insane

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Small Diameter Bombs would be sweet. As would some stand off cluster weapons (Tomahawk, JSOW-A,), or submunitions dispensers (like the runway mining rig that Tornadoes used to run)

The MW-1 and MKGU submunition dispensers would be awesome.

You should also add maybe the DARDO and modernized AK-630 for more CIWS.

@LORDPrometheus

I found this line in the .cfg of a number of your bombs such as the Paveway IV:

dragModelType = none

This seems to cause them to slow down to about 60 m/s during descent when using latest FAR. Shouldn't this line be:

dragModelType = default

I also have the problem mentioned a few posts earlier that missiles slow down to about 150 m/s (good example is the ADM-160A drone and Tomahawk). I guess that either aero or thrust needs rebalancing. I'll try to make a list this weekend.

The paveway is not part of this mod. The adm 160 is supposed to be slow and the tomahawk is not supposed to be that speed but is very tricky with FAR

Woops, that one is from North Kerbin Weaponry.. :sealed: Just tested again and the adm and Tomahawk are so slow that they crash before reaching a target about 5 miles away with FAR 15.5. They do try to correct their flight path but simply lack power (or have too much drag). What's your target velocity for those weapons?

Woops, that one is from North Kerbin Weaponry.. :sealed: Just tested again and the adm and Tomahawk are so slow that they crash before reaching a target about 5 miles away with FAR 15.5. They do try to correct their flight path but simply lack power (or have too much drag). What's your target velocity for those weapons?

the adm has a target of 140 the tomahawk of 300

Is your 9m311 missile 2-staged? The bottom part is a booster, and it can be detached after boost phase with a new bdarmory. Also, it is tube-launched, is there any way to implement that?

Edited by sashan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.