[STOCK] Space Shuttle "Resolution"

Naito

3 hours ago, squiddyjc said:

I actually forgot to say that MechJeb can't get the rendezvous maneuvers down 100%.  I had to restart the autopilot when the burn was about 5.0 m/s off from what was intended.  This is fine until the final velocity matching is needed, since the craft can't come to a standstill.  Of course, there is also the docking autopilot issues, but I did mention that in my previous posts.

So apparently MechJeb for 1.2 isn't out yet? Can you link me which build you're using so I can give it a try?

2 hours ago, Naito said:

So apparently MechJeb for 1.2 isn't out yet? Can you link me which build you're using so I can give it a try?

The one I had been using: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/644/

The latest one according to Sarbian's site: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/654/

The 1.1.3 version didn't work on 1.2 if I recall correctly.  However, these are still dev builds; the build in the main page on Curse is the 1.1.3 build.

EDIT: I recently switched to the latest build, and while it seems to work slightly better during rendezvous maneuvers, the roll controls are still very unstable when performing docking maneuvers.

Edited by squiddyjc

• 1 year later...

So after a long hiatus, I present the Resolution, updated for KSP 1.4!

yes shuttles are out of style now, but I still love them so here's another!

Meticulously rebalanced all around:

- Uses new 1.4 parts for proper size ratios between ET/Shuttle/boosters

- Solved SAS launch oscillation (was due to change in stability algorithms or something, since the control nodes are always offset from the centre of mass it was messing up badly)

- Fully certified for 36T of cargo with zero modifications.  Just load her up and go.

Hope you all enjoy!

0aXis8Q.jpg

Edited by Naito

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.