Can we clean up the space display?

I have been launching a lot of rockets both into orbit and to the mun (And a few to the sun) and over time the space map has become cluttered with loads and loads of discarded booster stages. While I do not mind having said stages kept track of by the game. (Going into a 100km orbit in the wrong direction could be VERY bad :) and I like it that way)

I do wish I could get everything without a command capsule removed from the display to make it easier to see what I have going on. Is there any way to do this? And if not is it on the road map for future versions?

It sounds like you want a way to 'filter' debris out of the map view. We don\'t have that yet, as far as I know.

If you want to actually remove the debris from the game, there are some options:

1) use the game settings to reduce persistent debris to 25 objects,

2) edit the persistent.sfs file according to this thread,

3) blow it out of the sky, using Tosh\'s Sunbeam Laser mod,

4) reduce future sky pollution by launching things according to debris mitigation protocols.

It sounds like you want a way to 'filter' debris out of the map view. We don\'t have that yet, as far as I know.

If you want to actually remove the debris from the game, there are some options:

4) reduce future sky pollution by launching things according to debris mitigation protocols.

Correct I am looking to filter the debris, I like having the danger of slamming into last weeks spent stage at staggering speeds :)

If I can I would like to keep as many debris as I can, the more the better. Let\'s face it the odds of a collision are really low until the volume of objects gets very high, but I still would like to be able to see where all my ships are without them getting lost in the display of all the spent stages.

I will just go back to waiting for a change that lets us filter them out :)

• 3 months later...

All forums links always just send me back to the main forums...never to the page.

As in I click the link to the deris mitigation protocols and I dont go to that post, but /forums whats the dilly yoh?

drippygoo, this is a very old thread, over three months since the last post, and all the links are broken due to the move to vBulletin

It is good forum etiquette to refrain from posting in any thread over one moth old, unless you can add something meaningful to the discussion, and threads more than three months old should always be allowed to rest in peace :)

First, this is an old post and the information contained within may no longer be relevant to the current version of the game. Please don't necro post.

Second, all links to forum posts before the Aug 3rd move to vBulletin will be broken and return you to the main page. Use the search feature to find what you are looking for. To limit where a search looks, navigate to the forum you wish to search and use the Search Forum drop down just above the blue bar.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager