Career building limits

Are the limits attached to career building levels accessible to modding? I can't find any docs.

Take a look at the mod NoMoreGrind, it was able to decrease/increase the cost to upgrade KSC buildings by a percentage in 0.90.

Yes. Mu made all GameVariables 's methods virtual, so you can create a child class, overload them all, and replace the existing instance.

This is an awesome change. I did a little happy dance when I saw that mentioned in the 1.0 changelog. Is going to open up an awful lot of modding potential with regards to the building upgrades :)

Thanks, Nathan. Where can I find information on this class? I don't see it in the reference here.

If you're using visual studio you can use the object browser to view the declarations of all the public and protected members of the class that you can override, which I think is all the documentation that would be available to any of us at this point. The function names should be pretty self-explanatory though (I remember looking at them when 0.9 came out and wishing they were virtual).

There's only a handful of modders that focus on career mode (myself included) so documentation tends to be rather sparse, since it's all pretty much community written. If you have any specific questions though, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help.

Edited by FlowerChild

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.