[1.0.5] Heat Management (No longer supported)

Randazzo

Is it possible to make the radiators extendable in the VAB?

Yes and no. It's technically possible with moduleanimategeneric but it would break their function.

Yes and no. It's technically possible with moduleanimategeneric but it would break their function.

Are you using solar panel code for the radiators? If so than yes its possible, but with additional plugin coding. TweakableEverything does it.

Hey not sure if iam the only one with this issue. It not game breaking but when i go in the R&D building this is what i see http://imgur.com/31gNaNV

That is just a small section of it there way more seem like it is duplicating quite a bit

I un install and reinstall and the issue was still there will have a look at the cfg file to see if i spot anything

Hey not sure if iam the only one with this issue. It not game breaking but when i go in the R&D building this is what i see http://imgur.com/31gNaNV

That is just a small section of it there way more seem like it is duplicating quite a bit

I un install and reinstall and the issue was still there will have a look at the cfg file to see if i spot anything

Not seen that before. Is there anything else I should know before trying to reproduce this? Tech tree mods, etc.

Nuclear Propulsion is also no longer the default node for them, so may I assume you deleted the AltStockTech.cfg or are running an older version?

Edited by Randazzo

Not seen that before. Is there anything else I should know before trying to reproduce this? Tech tree mods, etc.

Nuclear Propulsion is also no longer the default node for them, so may I assume you deleted the AltStockTech.cfg or are running an older version?

Before it happen i try the CTT but i deleted it cause it not was i was looking for. I downloaded the version on kerbalstuff and no altstocktech is there.

Before it happen i try the CTT but i deleted it cause it not was i was looking for. I downloaded the version on kerbalstuff and no altstocktech is there.

As of version .24 there is an AltStockTech.cfg (Alternate Stock Technodes) file inside the patches folder, which is inside the Heat Management folder. Do you recall what the version of the zip file was?

As of version .24 there is an AltStockTech.cfg (Alternate Stock Technodes) file inside the patches folder, which is inside the Heat Management folder. Do you recall what the version of the zip file was?

like i said i use the link on the first page to kerbalstuff

like i said i use the link on the first page to kerbalstuff

It appears that the parts will appear both under nuclear propulsion and under the new nodes IF the parts had already been unlocked before installing the new version with the new tech node distribution. It's a part of your persistent save and I don't think there is anything I can do to change it.

I honestly don't know why there are so many copies of the parts. The names haven't changed since 0.11. I'll add this to the known issues section.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Good day, Randazzo.

The fairings on the multinodes in 0.24 fail to show up. The functionality is otherwise impeccable. Staying with 0.23 for now.

Mod list: Adjustable Landing Gear, Atomic Age, EVE, Chatterer, CRP, Crossfeed Enabler, DMagic Orbital Science, Firespitter, Fusebox, Heat Management (duh), RPM, KAS, KIS, KJR, Klockhead Martian Shuttle Engines (culled), AVC, MechJeb 2, DPAI, Near Future Electrical (culled), Solar, Ships; RealChute, RemoteTech, SCANSat, Smart Parts, Stage Recovery, Stock Bug Fixes, TAC Fuel Balancer, Throttle Controlled Avionics, Life Support; Trajectories, KAC, Universal Storage, Ven's Stock Revamp, Vessel View, Wheel Sounds, Stock Fuel Switch, MJ and KER For All.

I imagine there's a compatibility conflict in there. What have you derived the fairings from?

Edit: reverted to vanilla 1.0.2, installed today's download of 0.24. The situation is the same.

Also, am I correct to presume that the upcoming model update will not break anything already built?

Edited by DDE
Further experimentation

Good day, Randazzo.

The fairings on the multinodes in 0.24 fail to show up. The functionality is otherwise impeccable. Staying with 0.23 for now.

Mod list: Adjustable Landing Gear, Atomic Age, EVE, Chatterer, CRP, Crossfeed Enabler, DMagic Orbital Science, Firespitter, Fusebox, Heat Management (duh), RPM, KAS, KIS, KJR, Klockhead Martian Shuttle Engines (culled), AVC, MechJeb 2, DPAI, Near Future Electrical (culled), Solar, Ships; RealChute, RemoteTech, SCANSat, Smart Parts, Stage Recovery, Stock Bug Fixes, TAC Fuel Balancer, Throttle Controlled Avionics, Life Support; Trajectories, KAC, Universal Storage, Ven's Stock Revamp, Vessel View, Wheel Sounds, Stock Fuel Switch, MJ and KER For All.

I imagine there's a compatibility conflict in there. What have you derived the fairings from?

Edit: reverted to vanilla 1.0.2, installed today's download of 0.24. The situation is the same.

Also, am I correct to presume that the upcoming model update will not break anything already built?

The upcoming models for what I consider to parts likely to be on an active ship are dimensionally identical to their predecessors. The Interstage Decoupler model is different, but I don't expect this to be on any active ship which isn't in the process of launching, and therefore not likely to be affected.

The shroud will not currently appear until you attach something to the bottom of the adapter. Originally the shrouds were part of the multinode unit models themselves, however the ModuleResourceConverter on the AHMS units conflicts with any other module that uses staging commands (engines and fairings). This is a stock conflict that cannot be corrected without using a plugin. To get around it, I had to use this slightly wonky design. Making the shroud appear when attaching the top node of the decoupler to the Multinode part results in the shroud sticking to that part instead of the decoupler. Making them explosively decouple from everything had the unfortunate tendency of ripping engines off with it. Thus, I was left with making them appear on the bottom node. This way when the decoupler is jettisoned, it takes the shroud with it.

They work the same as the engine shroud/fairings you see on most engines. It's just a hidden mesh inside the model that only appears when something triggers the proper node.

The shroud will not currently appear until you attach something to the bottom of the adapter. Originally the shrouds were part of the multinode unit models themselves, however the ModuleResourceConverter on the AHMS units conflicts with any other module that uses staging commands (engines and fairings). This is a stock conflict that cannot be corrected without using a plugin. To get around it, I had to use this slightly wonky design. Making the shroud appear when attaching the top node of the decoupler to the Multinode part results in the shroud sticking to that part instead of the decoupler. Making them explosively decouple from everything had the unfortunate tendency of ripping engines off with it. Thus, I was left with making them appear on the bottom node. This way when the decoupler is jettisoned, it takes the shroud with it.

They work the same as the engine shroud/fairings you see on most engines. It's just a hidden mesh inside the model that only appears when something triggers the proper node.

Pics?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462323872

The decoupling system works as it should. The node is supposed to trigger the fairing. And yet there is no visible fairing.

But you don't have an interstage decoupler in that picture. It's a separate part from the pack.

*headdesk*

Thanks.

The resulting system is a bit temperamental, but works.

Also, this just bugs me: why are radiators listed in staging as fairings?

*headdesk*

Thanks.

The resulting system is a bit temperamental, but works.

Also, this just bugs me: why are radiators listed in staging as fairings?

Heatsinks and AHMS units have a "fuel tank" icon to display the overheat bar.

Heatsinks and AHMS units have a "fuel tank" icon to display the overheat bar.

Weird. The fairing icon is the one previously used for fuel tanks?

Also, isn't it no more relevant in 1.0, now that there are memory-sucking overheat bars for everything?

Does this help with the new mining drills overheating?

I have not had the opportunity to test anything in 1.0.3

It's possible that none of it will work for anything.

Edit: Just some preliminary testing tells me that these parts might be entirely unnecessary now. We'll see.

Edited by Randazzo

screenshot34_500.jpgi.gif

That tug has around 18.1k dV with 1 bottle of LH2, and around 0.8 TWR too. 120 tons, fits 4.something meter fairing.

Unfortunately - mainly because ofradiators - physics rate is only around 43%while on 1x time,and around 230-260% while on 4x physics wrap... Part count is around 100, I tried welding static radiators - no luck.

Once that reactor starts, though, it's better not to turn it off while it accelerates - somehow requires full cool-down to re-start AHMS stack at full capacity.

Edited by cipherpunks