[Bug?] Exploding Kerbals

Sometimes, on Kerbin, on EVA, Kerbals will sink into the ground and as a result just explode. The same happens when I try to climb onto a landed craft (or part of it). Is this a bug or a feature? More importantly, can this be fixed since it is quite annoying.

Probably a bug, terrain clipping has never been 100%, I'd try different terrain detail settings.

Indeed, increased terrain settings, this solved the problem of sinking into the ground. The climb-poof bug still remains, however.

The climb-poof bug still remains, however.

Are you able to consistently repeat this? And if so, can you show some pictures or provide some replication steps?

Cheers,

-Claw

Are you able to consistently repeat this? And if so, can you show some pictures or provide some replication steps?

Cheers,

-Claw

Yes, it is rather consistent. It is difficult to make a screenshot of the problem. As soon as KSP indicates that a Kerbal can climb for example onto a wing, it happens that the Kerbal just makes *poof*. This is possibly related to the fact that if a Kerbal is standing slightly under a wing, he or she collides with it, bounces back, and the forces built up to a level that is basically killing it.

I had a "exploding" Kerbal today after landing a simple capsule with a materials bay and heatshield. Landed perfectly fine, no parts where in motion and clicked EVA -> Camera shakes extremely and I only see smoke. Jeb died.

I can confirm this super annoying bug.

Changing the terrain level either way did not help.

I am really disappointed in Squad right now.

I have been really patient with bugs so far, knowing that every patch would be an improvement.

And I have been through many since I bought this game 3 years ago!

However, I feel that since the "1.0" version is out, these bugs should have been tackled.

I already had so many crashes and disappearing Kerbals it takes all the fun out of the game.

I hate that I have to restart the game every time I play at least once, but above all I feel I cannot progress in the game because core elements just say *poof*.

Please, somebody have a look at my save game and save valentina from dying.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=70410883476159728993

I would like to play on :(

Edited by Dieselpower

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.