Flaunting Stupidity

theFredster

OK, I have 2 quick questions. Where are the "Temp Gauges" they mention in the change log? I can't find any parameter that changes in the debug page when pressing F10 and see no change on-screen. I even went so far as to check the thermometer part for a display, based on myself being an idiot at times. Ok, only 97.8% of the time, when I'm awake, and breathing.

Second, My fully upgraded space-plane hanger still has a VERY BUMPY dirt runway. Did I accidentally upset some concrete workers or are they on strike?

I will gladly thank anyone for any response. Not publicly, but I will quietly thank you, subtly, when I'm completely alone.

theFredster

First, I haven't gotten in game yet for the latest patch, but I think it's both that you can right-click on the part to see its temperature, and it'll change colour if it's exposed to a lot of heat for some reason. No colour change? No significant temperature change. But I could be wrong.

Second, and this answer I'm definite on, you have to upgrade the runway itself. Just like you have to upgrade the launchpad, you're gonna have to right-click on the runway itself, upgrade it, and that'll...mostly smooth it out. It'll be totally smooth by the third and final upgrade, but it's 90% of the way there with the first upgrade (to tier two).

More verbose answers than Crown's. Glad to know I'm on the same page though. ;)

Yes, it looks like if you press F11, you will see the part heat overlay (either parts are coloured differently based upon their temperature, or their right-click menus show the heat information, or both; I've not been able to play the most recent update either)

Yes, it looks like if you press F11, you will see the part heat overlay (either parts are coloured differently based upon their temperature, or their right-click menus show the heat information, or both; I've not been able to play the most recent update either)

This makes me smile :)

And welcome to theFredster on the occasion of his first post!

The right-click menu temp readouts are still within the alt+f12 menu. F10 turns on little heat level bars and a glow around parts that are heating up, while f11 displays a color-coded cloak on your whole ship showing you what parts are the hottest. You need a combination of all 3 to get a complete heat picture.

Well (#(*@@. I guess I'm not trying hard enough to burn stuff up. That will HAVE to change. Although, for now, I guess there won't be a picket line of Kerbal contractors, just me sitting next to the dirt runway with a sign that says "Will Work for Asphalt".

Thanks for the reply's, even though I said I wasn't going to do that publicly. ;)

TheFredster

I did nothing besides re-entering kerbins atmosphere with a ship, and as i did my ladders (Which were hanging off the side) DID get little Thermal bars and started to glow red (Special and Differently from a hot part) So it should be on by default.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.