Hi all.

I had a crash to desktop upon recovering my vessel. I think this is an "out of memory" crash (I'm not a KSP.log expert though). The thing is that I have 16GB of RAM sooooooooo its definitely a bug :/

I had done many different mission items (like 6 items of 3 different contracts) during that flight so it might be mission related.

KSP.log

Edited by earth

About the same issue here, i got ctd after few mins, seems like a memory issue. I used to play 0.90 with about 20 mods and no RAM issues with vessels containing several hundreds of parts. Now i crash on <30 parts vessels and no active mods.

I have this issue on any missions, but it seems to happen often when aerodynamic effects are displayed, but not only. Sometimes even 1 minute after loading a game, it seems very unlikely that i run out of memory under this circumstances, though i got sometimes more than 90% memory used after few mins without mods and small ships.

KSP should run vanilla without any memory crashes, it happens only 2 minutes after loading any save, with small ships/stock parts.

I am playing since 0.14 with tons of mods, i already crashed because of memory usage, but it happens when i run too much mods. In last version 0.9 32bits, i played hundreds of hours without any memory crash with about 20mods (FAR, USI mods, mechjeb, distant objects, scansat....) and huge vessels.

Updating to 1.0.2, memory issues on a vanilla install after 2 mins in a 4 parts ship, it is obviously not working as intended, even in 32bits. I didn't had any of this kind of issue in 1.0.1, even after hours of playtime. Even using vanilla+ATM mod doesn't prevent early memory crash. There is definitely some kind of memory leak issue in 1.0.2 in my opinion.

Here's the crash, it looks like KSP was generating Mun craters at the time as "PQSMod_VoronoiCraters.OnSetup ()" is only used for those I think.

[EXC 21:18:37.973] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
LibNoise.Unity.Generator.VoronoiCached.ConstructCubeArray ()
LibNoise.Unity.Generator.VoronoiCached..ctor (Double frequency, Double displacement, Int32 seed, Boolean distance)
PQSMod_VoronoiCraters.OnSetup ()
PQS.Mod_OnSetup ()
PQS.SetupMods ()
PQS.StartSphere (Boolean force)
PQS+.MoveNext ()
[ERR 21:18:38.399] Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 2097152B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: Default
Allocation happend at: Line:74 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 1259086257B | peak: 0B | reserved: 1442401674B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 456047871B | peak: 0B | reserved: 502742816B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 76888B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 13172B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B

Lowering the terrain detail may allow you to recover the vessel.

There is a known memory leak with the part temperature gauges that appear when parts overheat (see the sticky thread in this sub-forum). You can hit F10 to stop these from being displayed.

There is a known memory leak with the part temperature gauges that appear when parts overheat (see the sticky thread in this sub-forum). You can hit F10 to stop these from being displayed.

It looks like the same issue, it seems to happen mostly when i re-enter Kerbin's atmosphere with my scientific exploring ship, or when i reach high atmosphere with my SSTO, both got temp gauges. Thank you for your answer, I'll check this sticky.

Thank you sooo much. That is exactly when it happened.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.