This *BLEEP*ing Game Hacked My Brain!!!

NeoMorph

So this morning at around 7am I decided to play a little with the new KSP release as I wanted to try out some ideas with the new atmosphere effects. Just a quick go and then I could go and finish off doing some decorating. I have a monitor on a swingarm over my bed so I can play when I am having a bad day due to my dodgy legs... Sooooo I think Just an hour wouldn't be too bad.

I just looked at the clock AND IT'S NOW NEARLY 10pm!!! :confused: Not eaten anything all day... only thing I have drunk is Doc Pepper and Lucozade sharing bottles. The game just mesmerised me with the old "Just one more launch... got to get those science points (I'm chickening out of the full career atm because I keep running out of money - just need to work out a good strategy). Time seems to fly when you are blowing up stuff heh.

Whoever claimed that this new KSP release is crap obviously knows less than Jeb does about safety in space. LOL. I love this freakin' game but OMG I wish I wouldn't bend our brains and make us lose time. I swear that the people who think they have lost time due to being taken by aliens were probably playing KSP at the time heh.

So Squad... GOOD JOB DUDES... This release is awesome in my eyes. Too damned awesome as I am hooked yet again... :D (Except for it stealing my entire day that I was going to use to finish the decorating lol).

I know what you are talking about :) Yesterday i was determined to farm science from the Mun until i get enough for fairings and 3-seater pods. But then i noticed a rescue mission in contracts. "Cool! Free kerbonaut." - i thought. I returned my new recruit, only to find two more rescuees in Tracking Station. One of them on retrograde orbit :confused: I got them both safely to Kerba Firma...only to find another pair of hapless castaways drifting in space. It was 3 a.m. Oh well - Thunderbirds Are Go! :D

Back in the dark ages, I recall a moment playing the original Civilisation where I'd been at it so long that I started getting a full-sensory hallucination of there being a "sleep is for the weak" chant in the background music.

Go get some rest. Kerbal will still be there in the morning. :)

Heh, I always said that rescues are the most fun.

Fun? Check.

Compelling? You bet, every time one comes up I'm all "oh noes, I can't just leave 'em up there!" Like, what exactly happens if I let the rescue contract expire? My own Kerbonauts will happily hang out until Kerbol implodes waiting for retrieval, but these guys have less than a week?

Useful? No kidding! Doubling up rescue and tourist-to-orbit contracts is totally saving my early career right now.

I'm loving the new rescue contracts - Not only do you get a free Kerbonaut, but they actually pay you to add them to your space program! It's a nice counter to the rising costs of hiring new kerbals.

Check the contracts before accepting, though; they ain't all in low circular orbits these days.

I discovered this by sending up a minimal-fuel two seater rescue ship to LKO...and then noticed that one of the two Kerbals to be rescued was floating around near the Mun's altitude, while the other one had a closer orbit but with a funky inclination.

Much more interesting than the old version. :)

Check the contracts before accepting, though; they ain't all in low circular orbits these days.

I discovered this by sending up a minimal-fuel two seater rescue ship to LKO...and then noticed that one of the two Kerbals to be rescued was floating around near the Mun's altitude, while the other one had a closer orbit but with a funky inclination.

Much more interesting than the old version. :)

Yes, and the victim rescuee seem to be still inside a wrecked command module - this allows new types of rescues - unmanned rescue craft with Klaws to drag the craft back to LKO and have the rescued kerbonaut attach his own parachutes (perhaps with KAS).

• 2 weeks later...
A deeper brain hack: I've found myself attempting to right-click-and-drag a picture to change my angle on it.

A picture.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131101025303/clubpenguinpookie/images/9/99/Wait-what-meme-rage-face.jpg

If this is a brain hack, then I've been full-on Kerbal-zombiefied at this point. :-p

When I'm using Google Maps I keep accidentally trying to drag the map around with the right mouse button.

When driving I think of merging onto the highway as an orbital insertion, and merging to another lane between two other cars as an orbital rendezvous.

Of course, driving has friction, but if the car's on cruise control, then I can think of the "accelerate" and "decelerate" buttons as "burn prograde" and "burn retrograde." :-)

A deeper brain hack: I've found myself attempting to right-click-and-drag a picture to change my angle on it.

A picture.

I do that, and more so, I try to change view position while watching KSP how-to videos.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.