How can it be so good???

CaptainNemo

Wow - downloaded this on Saturday night and played pretty much 20 hours straight. Not even close to being tired of it! This is everything I've ever wanted Buzz Aldrin's Space Race to be, plus Microsoft Space Simulator and Cosmonautica, rolled into one. I've always respected the 'lunatics' who put us out in space during the 60s, but even more so now. Even putting something into orbit, let alone a human being, is crazy when you think of it.

Just before heading off to sleep last night, I noticed something in the ship constructor screen that was a real game changer - the symmetry and angular snap buttons. I'm going through all of my previous designs to fine tune them now. :P

Welcome Captain Nemo. Hope you don't plan on sleeping much or having much of a life for while. Wait until your first docking or you pull off a Mun or Duna landing or get your first probe out Jool's way if you haven't already. And if you get stuck, ask. Somebody on the forum will gladly help. See ya in The Black!

Welcome to the forums CaptainNemo!

Be careful not to play too late at night... Once, I started playing at 8:00pm and I soon found out that it was 4 in the morning! :D KSP is the best game that I have ever played and I am happy to see that you enjoy it as much as I do!

All the best, and I hope to see you around the forums!

Cheers for the warm welcome folks. Definitely some impressive construction happening from the veterans on YouTube. Completed my first orbital rescue this morning before work. It's ridiculous that I woke up early just to do that, but I got so close last night before bed that I just needed to do it. Starting to consider a career in the space industry...

Um.. Yup.

This game totally redefines the idea of "Ill quickly just......"

Wow - downloaded this on Saturday night and played pretty much 20 hours straight. Not even close to being tired of it! This is everything I've ever wanted Buzz Aldrin's Space Race to be, plus Microsoft Space Simulator and Cosmonautica, rolled into one. I've always respected the 'lunatics' who put us out in space during the 60s, but even more so now. Even putting something into orbit, let alone a human being, is crazy when you think of it.

Just before heading off to sleep last night, I noticed something in the ship constructor screen that was a real game changer - the symmetry and angular snap buttons. I'm going through all of my previous designs to fine tune them now. :P