Sundiver : How low can you go?

I was going to make a craft that used the pre-coolers, but it ended up being a potato and I couldn't get it out of kerbin atmo xD

That is one reason I allowed infinite fuel so you could launch odd things very slowly (like under 100m/s if needed) then burn solar retrograde once out of the atmosphere.

I put mine on top of a kerbodyne large tank and a KR-2L and got it near the sun with that. I had a second maneuvering engine for when things got too hot.

This challenge is way out of my current comfort zone. Most of my experience is in aircraft. But I will give it a go eventually. Right now I'm planning an adventure to Mt. Keverest for that challenge and I'm hard at work on the associated crafts, again mostly involving aircraft. Just wanted to give you a heads up, since you seem to be a good fellow, that I am interested in the challenge, I'm just frying other fish at the moment. I wish more of the challenges got attention than just one or two mainstream ones, even though they're awesome too. Do you think there's a correlation between cool looking award badges and the popularity of challenges? Lol. I like the cool badges tho. It's fun to gain a sense of accomplishment. Plus, these challenges give me motivation to strive harder for certain performance goals than I would on my own. I'm not so sure I want a signature that eats up an entire Web page every time I post. I might re-scale my badge images to be smaller if that ever happens. A cool badge for yours, for hard core stock entrants that do well, could be like a symbol of a hawk's head with a sun behind it or something. Chicks totally dig these badges.

Why would I want to be followed by hawk chicks ;)

You may have a point with the badges, everyone likes cool badges.

That's cool, challenges are supposed to stretch your KSP playing, I'm having a fun time experimenting with the drag competition as I rarely make wheeled vehicles and slowing down and simply staying on the runway is...interesting.

I'll be happy staying at the top of the leaderboard, hehe.

As always I look forward to your entry eventually.

Edited by John FX