"Catapult" docking ports/decouplers issue

Signo

Hi all, I had a strange issue both with the Jr. docking port and the small decouplers.

To make a long story short, I built a Duna lander and I wanted to hang a small rover on one of the sides. To allow for an easier attachment on both sides, the rover (that is mainly built using cubics) has got a central pylon (pics below). As you can see in the first pic I kept an eye on things that could badly influence the outcome, like unintended clipping or sudden combustion due to the engines emission. Everything seems fine, this is built using the 1.0.2 version of KSP but the same concept was perfectly working till 0.90.

I tried a first project using the Jr. docking port, landing was fine and I happily went to EVA to detach my rover and go for a ride. Right click on the docking, left click on decouple node... and one of the wheels simply fell off. Keep in mind, just one of the wheels. The rest was still hanging on the "wall". I tried again to decouple the node and the central pylon was fired at several hundreds of m/s in the other direction. Well, sounds like an unwanted clipping of the wheel and the dock due to the vessel "reconstruction" after a space center switch. Lets rebuild it with a stack separator (the docking port might be the issue) and lets try to flip the rover docking it from top instead of bottom (the wheels might be the issue). I had the exact same results: the wheel fell off and the pylon was launched.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I hope I made it clear enough, if you want some more pics just let me know or if you want me to reproduce the issue I can do it practically at will.

Has anybody experienced such an issue with this kind of components? Any workaround ideas? I must add I already tried with 3 different rovers and the outcome is always comparable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.