MiG-29 Clone

Just threw this together as a break from tweaking another plane, thought it looked good enough to share:

s2Gpm.png

8X5LO.jpg

XmB7u.png

r3O2D.png

Just stock .15 parts. I would let it build up speed and pull up at the end of the run way. It\'s....interesting....during take-off.

Looks very nice indeed.

I would let it build up speed and pull up at the end of the run way. It\'s....interesting....during take-off.

I\'m also having some trouble with take-off. Mine seems glued to the runway, even when it\'s going way faster than it needs to it still won\'t lift off. What I do is I push forward on the stick very gently, then as soon as I see the rear wheels lose contact with the runway I yank the stick back as hard as I can. That typically gets my design in the air.

A nice little aircraft!

Certainly on shape, its a accurate rendition of the MIG-29.

On performance, I found it lacking!

Difficult too land/take-off, VERY lazy too turn, always needed too fall off the runway too take off, sensitive too land!

Always found myself ripping the engines off...

Still was fun, an VERY Kerbal like... (Great work)

Looks very nice indeed.

I\'m also having some trouble with take-off. Mine seems glued to the runway, even when it\'s going way faster than it needs to it still won\'t lift off. What I do is I push forward on the stick very gently, then as soon as I see the rear wheels lose contact with the runway I yank the stick back as hard as I can. That typically gets my design in the air.

Thank you! Yeah, it\'d be easier if I weren\'t so OCD about landing gear placement, or if the gear were just a little longer, but as it is, it\'s either adding canards up front to provide a naturally lifting nose, or wait until your engines won\'t smash into the ground. The C7 SAS helps with a gradual accent though. Your little fighter handles a lot better than this though.

On performance, I found it lacking!

Difficult too land/take-off, VERY lazy too turn, always needed too fall off the runway too take off, sensitive too land!

Always found myself ripping the engines off...

Still was fun, an VERY Kerbal like... (Great work)

Thanks! It seems they tweaked the atmosphere again, or maybe the official wings vs. the original mod\'s wings, but this plane used to handle a little better (not much), but my X-31 clone is no longer able to perform the Herbst maneuver, it just goes into a series of Kulbit\'s.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.