Flags don't appear in Tracking Info Window? (1.0 and 0.90)

So, here's a strange bug that seems to have been around since 0.90, at least for me (with unmodded installations).

In the tracking center, bringing up info on a flagsite doesn't display the flag, but a blank box. This doesn't appear to be effected by any mods (and I'm only using stock flags). Was the flag supposed to be displayed?

Edited by Synthesis

So, I was slightly mistake in my diagnosis--but I'm getting the same thing.

Tracking_zpsoarxsbxq.png

As it happens, DirectX vs. OpenGL doesn't seem to matter. I'm using the stock red and yellow "stripes" flag (not the transparent default flag that reads "Kerbal Space Program"), and I get a red box instead. I guess the info window just takes a pixel from the corner of the flag and displays that? What flag are you using, Sal?

• 4 weeks later...
Oh right, sorry forgot, here's what I see with your flag and the Kerbin flag.

http://imgur.com/a/dUH3s

It probably shouldn't do that, and should just show vessel stats just like a Kerbal or a craft.

I'm fairly certain it's supposed to show the map graphic (which actually makes sense--do flags even have stats or mass to display), but instead shows the color that appears in one of the flag corners. To experiment, I planted the blue flag with the white capsule in the middle--it shows up as a solid blue rectangle.

Pretty sure it's broken, and they haven't gotten around to fixing it (or maybe just don't realize it's broken, it's a pretty minor issue).

Still worth checking the tracker though, and reporting it.

I happen to have a copy of .20 where flags were introduced, take a look.

http://imgur.com/a/3dubf

Fascinating....so it did work, and we actually know the intended function.

If no one else has added it, I'll look up how to report an issue (I've never done so before). Anyone else who has an account with it already, go ahead. Thanks for the evidence, Sal.

Edited by Synthesis

I've gone ahead and added this as an issue finally to the bug tracker. You can see it here. I searched for prior mention of the issue on the bug tracker, and saw nothing.

I'll admit this is the first time I've done it, and I'm not sure if that's the proper way of doing so, if anyone wants to help please do.

• 1 month later...
Marking as bug as we now know what should be happening.

Thank you. 1.04 doesn't fix it, but that's unsurprising, as I haven't actually seen anything 1.04 has fixed myself (I haven't actually had a chance to play it, since i updated I've done nothing but fixed new bugs 1.04 has introduced).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.