BUG: parts available without paying entry fee

When a part is saved in a vessel used in a contract to test this part, the vessel can be loaded and launched without paying the entry fee as soon as the corresponding tech node has been unlocked, long after the contract has been fulfilled.

At least it was this way the one time I noticed it. Will try to recreate it as soon as possible.

There are several ways to break career requirements like this. I agree they should probably be fixed eventually.

Another one is you can save action groups in a sandbox game and then copy the craft to a career game without a tier 3 VAB/SPH and still use those action groups.

In the end, it is up to you to not cheat. In the meantime, don't use that craft if it has parts you don't rightfully own.

My favorite accident was to use a strategy to lower vessel part cost, but then recover it at the launchpad for full value. At high commitment levels and expensive vessels, it was quite a cheat. At least, it worked in 0.90, not sure if you still can do it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.