KSP 1.0: The x64 Report!

Have to say that the Unity 4.6.4 64bit is XXX times better the what have been tried before. Few mods that don't like it, but been playing for a few hours with 65 mods installed and I cant get it to use more then 5Gb of my 16Gb of RAM.

Tried it - installed all of AVP:I (including all extras), whole bunch of other mods, ATM was present only for DTX caching and stuff, no scaling or compression done. Used nearly 4GB of RAM while flying. AVP was the deciding factor - like OP, 32bit couldn't handle all of it, let alone any extras. To have that AND KW Rocketry and a whole more mods was.. good, I suppose.

On the whole.. I'm actually impressed. Quick glance at stock career - buildings all level 1. Messed around in sandbox after and was pleasantly surprised. Average 40 odd FPS, but there were a few dropped frames and skips. Went to launch, took a while to load up but went fine. EVE is still an FPS killer - looking at the ground got me 11 FPS, looking at the sky got me 37. I love the fact the TextureReplacer reflections work in it. Wanted to record a video with FRAPS, but that pushed it over the edge and it crashed. Still though, what an experience - in my opinion, yes, this is more stable than previously. At least I made to the VAB this time. I'll do some more testing without EVE (I like muh framerate) because even on an average laptop, it went ok. Time to do Science.. for SCIENCE!

Quick edit: map mode was insanely laggy - from 1-9 FPS, average 4. Probably due to EVE. Like I said, more testing required.

EDIT2: Radial decoupler bug not present, didn't encoutner right click issue, but old one of left click not working on other applications remains.

S6wO7sY.png
Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Mother of dog, does this mean we're close to a working Win64 release?

If Squad takes note of this little experiment, then perhaps. They might decide to fill the gap between now and the Unity 5 update with this, or they might not, but as long as it's here for all to see, it's available as an option to those who want x64 but know that it could still go awry.

I would just like to add that my copy is still working fine, so I'm pretty confident it's stable. A tad buggy and unpolished, but mostly stable.

EDIT2: Radial decoupler bug not present, didn't encoutner right click issue, but old one of left click not working on other applications remains.r]

Ah yes, that left click issue. I have encountered it, I just didn't think to report it. Right clicking again after exiting KSP fixes it instantly, though, so it's far from severe. I'll list it nevertheless :)

I thought i was the only ppl out there that didnt have any issues with the x64, after reading all the grief from ppl. . i was alil miffed when i couldnt run it in 64bit. since the x86 version would start crashing after like ten mods, the 64bit version, i never found the ceiling after idk hundreds on installed mods. i want x64 .

The only problem I have that gets to me is KSC sometimes don't load the level my buildings are and just show as full upgraded, but it get reset if I got into SPH/VAB and out to KSC again. (Career mode)

The only problem I have that gets to me is KSC sometimes don't load the level my buildings are and just show as full upgraded, but it get reset if I got into SPH/VAB and out to KSC again. (Career mode)

Do you have Kerbal Konstructs installed? I'm trying to eliminate that as the cause of this issue in x64.

Do you have Kerbal Konstructs installed? I'm trying to eliminate that as the cause of this issue in x64.

You can eliminate it. Never had KK installed on this savegame, still experienced this bug.

It's weird though - it's intermittent. First KSC screen, everything's ok. Went to the SPH, exited and the buildings initially loaded correctly, but a few seconds later changed to upgraded. Can't seem to revert it either.

You can eliminate it. Never had KK installed on this savegame, still experienced this bug.

It's weird though - it's intermittent. First KSC screen, everything's ok. Went to the SPH, exited and the buildings initially loaded correctly, but a few seconds later changed to upgraded. Can't seem to revert it either.

(Apparently I rep you a lot OWK.) Cheers for the confirmation.

Could anyone point me towards a download for just the few files required as my internet isn't upto downloading that much, not to mention it would eat a fair amount of my data cap for the month

Many thanks,

Sam

*snip*

I'll also update the known issues list to reflect the building tiers bug not actually being an issue with KK.

Edited by RogueMason
Removed link.

So nice to have 64bit KSP (unofficial), runs stable with a few hiccups (KSC is looking upgraded after a recover briefing, but it's recoverable by going into VAB/SPH and out to KSC) but no crashes (only when I install a mods that don't like 64bit and out of 60+ mods only a few, so I'm happy)

Just in case other people were unaware, there is also this 64bit discussion thread in the Tutorials forum.

Huh, how'd I miss that? Never mind. I posted a link to this thread over there so people can check between the two. It's got to be useful to have another thread to refer to, and I'll keep tabs on what happens over there.

As for the upgraded building bug, from that scene I quit out then reload. Takes a little longer but works every time. I am not talking about restarting the game, just to the second screen with the crashed lander.

Jivaii reported that Modular Fuel Tanks was not working. I loaded it into my 64-bit save and confirmed it's not working.

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is disabled in 64-bit. There is a link in the other thread to a .dll that was recompiled to fix it. Post #46

RyanRising reported that NuFar is disabled in 64-bit.

As for the upgraded building bug, from that scene I quit out then reload. Takes a little longer but works every time. I am not talking about restarting the game, just to the second screen with the crashed lander.

No need to do that, just load up SPH or VAB and exit back to KSC. Works for me every time.

Has anyone run into this bug yet? Every time I try to take out a part it drops to the floor and can't be used... also the flag, asteroids and kerbals show up in the parts list lol xD I'll try a fresh install and see if the same thing happens.

Edit: A fresh install did the trick, working normally now :D

vSCMOlVh.png

Edited by Quiznos323

Reporting bug, potentially gamebreaking...

Resume save non-functioning for me, any tried to load a save from the menu?

EDIT: Forgot to reinstall my squad folder, everything is running fine now.

Edited by TheRag

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.