KSP 1.0: The x64 Report!

Having just installed x64 and loaded in astronomers visuals and a bucket of other mods i am finding the dropping kerbals hard on the head causes the solar system to disappear. More testing is required...

- Sam

Just reloaded KSP and having been unable to reload this issue in other saves, i loaded the broken save for giggles and it worked, just straight out worked?

I have no idea.

- Sam

I did some changes in source code, compiled it. It's working now! :rolleyes:

What changes did you make? I've looked through the source code and couldn't get it to work. I tried changing some stuff in the CompatibilityChecker.cs but it still don't want to work.

What changes did you make? I've looked through the source code and couldn't get it to work. I tried changing some stuff in the CompatibilityChecker.cs but it still don't want to work.

CompatibilityChecker.cs line 199:

return IsCompatible() && IsUnityCompatible(); // && !IsWin64();

I went back to Ubuntu x64, because I got many freezes during Eve exploration (not crashes).

CompatibilityChecker.cs line 199:

I went back to Ubuntu x64, because I got many freezes during Eve exploration (not crashes).

Thanks for the reply, I managed to recompile both the joint reinforcement and ferram aerospace mods and both seem to be working great!

Oh yes. Played with the old hack and had pretty good success with it.

Soooooooo.....

(starts required files download)

(orders more memory from Newegg)

Starts drooling over mod release forum.

I just knew this couldn't stay a dead topic.

I don't mind burning my fingers when playing with fireworks. After all, I know I am the root cause of about 98% of my KSP crashes! I keep plenty of burn ointment around!

Some minor issues.

Sometimes when reverting to VAB or SPH all the parts end up in one big mess and trying to click the categories on the left makes them disapear. Leaving the VAB/SPH then returning solves this. TBH I can`t remember if this happened anyway in 32 bit.

Minor mod incompatibility but nothing more than I would expect from mixing so many mods. Better time warp for example got stuck on a fast physics warp and a slow framerate. Again, not sure if this happens in 32 bit.

One CTD with no obvious reason. This is a lot better than 32 bit which crashed often due to too many mods.

Running over 90 mods and being as stable as any 32 bit version ever was for me.

I`m really interested to hear from anyone with larger issues, does it really work now?

EDIT : I`d be very interested in getting hold of any mods with the checking removed. The ones I miss are FAR and Realchutes most.

If there is a way to compile them that can be explained in easy steps I could also do that. I`ve not compiled anything for KSP before though.

Edited by John FX

Sometimes when reverting to VAB or SPH all the parts end up in one big mess and trying to click the categories on the left makes them disapear. Leaving the VAB/SPH then returning solves this. TBH I can`t remember if this happened anyway in 32 bit.

I think I'm encountering something like this myself; the parts and sub-assemblies just vanish on reverting to the editors, but it is definitely fixable by exiting the VAB/SPH and returning again.

I have also encountered one or two unexplainable CTDs in the last few days. No idea what happened with those, really.

I think I'm encountering something like this myself; the parts and sub-assemblies just vanish on reverting to the editors, but it is definitely fixable by exiting the VAB/SPH and returning again.

I have also encountered one or two unexplainable CTDs in the last few days. No idea what happened with those, really.

My parts were there but vanished shortly afterwards when I tried to `fix` the categories. Sometimes only pods is missing and that is fixable by selecting filter by function (twice IIRC). The CTD I had was sudden and left no crash report.

Just going through my craft removing realchutes. I discovered that while the mod is inactive and gives craft with realchutes an infinite terminal velocity, they are grabbable in the VAB so at least they can be removed.

Sometimes only pods is missing and that is fixable by selecting filter by function (twice IIRC).

Just to let you know, I've been having that issue as well - the Pods category just plain disappears after I select a root part. I fix it with the way you mention as well, or by some random combination of clicking on various things.

I haven't played with the windows 64 bit version too much, but so far, it seems MUCH better than before. In my brief testing, I was actually able to build a craft and launch it without any CTD, whereas in previous official 64 bit releases, I couldn't make it past the space center menu.

The only problem is that a couple of mods are disabling themselves, most notably FAR, KJR.

For all those who are dealing with self-disabling mods, use this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113069-KSP-x64-Total-Unfixer

As for me, x64 is a dream. I play at 60 fps+ with a gamedata folder of 3 gb+ and using Astronomer's Interstellar Pack and no gamebreaking/crashing problems. Some mods are borked though but probably due to asset incompatibility. If this is a taste of what x64 Unity 5 will be like, I am willing to donate more of my money to Squad so they successfully port the game to U5.

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed working for me without a hitch (...until now. Damn. Now I jinxed it! :D) except for the right-click bug.

I went absolutely overboard with mods though I did have to use jrodriguez' unfixer.

And don't worry, modders or Squad. I won't come a-knockin' if this stops working. It's all on me. :kiss:

(Sorry it's in Dutch)

wputeNq.png

Here's my totally bat-crazy modlist:

(not including rareden's Real 8K skybox)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by kreutzkevic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.