Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Just with docking ports they wobble around and I figured it may turn the station into a wobly snake. Figured if we could make it solid it will be better. Maybe I can try in a personal install first.

But for a dock port it needs the cfg script to make it work and yeah I will try kas to understand it.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news:http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33524589

First images of pluto flyby

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/375/cpsprodpb/B547/production/_84270464_p_lorri_fullframe_color.png

so Pluto is totally different from what I imagined, I thought it was more blueish/whitish...

btw, for the wobble, there's super bonder duct tape struts KJR: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-23-5-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v2-2-4-2-14

so Pluto is totally different from what I imagined, I thought it was more blueish/whitish...

btw, for the wobble, there's super bonder duct tape struts KJR: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-23-5-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v2-2-4-2-14

Makes you wonder aye.

Haha duct tape. Why not its only the ISS, she will be alright.

Kjr is what I included in the mod but dont know if it helps dock ports...

I wi try some things and if I can make it rigid without dependencies or a small less than 1mb mm patch or something

Careful Mike btw KIS and KAS are two different mods, you want to use KIS. As for wobbly ports, I guess that's a good point. KIS isn't fussy about what type of node you use, so you could get away with no docking ports at all, and just sticking a node at each end. If people want to dock, they can use the CBM ports or something, and if not they can use KIS to node attach. be aware that if you choose to use KIS, you'll likely want to include support for adding KIS inventories to some of the parts; maybe the quest airlock? Not saying to do this right away, but if you give KIS a try you'll see why.

Careful Mike btw KIS and KAS are two different mods, you want to use KIS. As for wobbly ports, I guess that's a good point. KIS isn't fussy about what type of node you use, so you could get away with no docking ports at all, and just sticking a node at each end. If people want to dock, they can use the CBM ports or something, and if not they can use KIS to node attach. be aware that if you choose to use KIS, you'll likely want to include support for adding KIS inventories to some of the parts; maybe the quest airlock? Not saying to do this right away, but if you give KIS a try you'll see why.

Yes kas seperated into yhe newer kis didnt they.

I was liking the inventory idea for the modules I made for the orbiter so you have a way to transport small parts up to the station. Tools or struts or addons etc...

What I can do is make it how it was use 'dock ports'but have a simple module manager patch for those who want to add the ability of using KIS for rigidity and extra functions...? So that way no extra dependencies unless you want it.

- - - Updated - - -

it does, for some time there was a bug that they even wouldn't undock

Oh ok. I need to test it out.

I will get more done on the RO RSS this weekend...

but here is tonights work.

P5/S5 - with orbiter attachment mount that decouples and stays in bay, ready for canadarm install. because function.

also had to rework solar panels but gave them expanding scaffolding.

B4iPu1l.jpgn52iuss.jpg

I imagine it is quite time consuming haha.

Looking good. I have yet to assemble this iss for the first time!

So does anyone know what was the next needed part to be fixed before I upload the mod?

- - - Updated - - -

Want to get it functional atleast and then continue fixing the minor issues if I can

Edited by Mike-NZ
Typos

Can you just make sure that parts can correctly dock and undock? The PMAs and Shuttle have had trouble with that in the past, either not docking, or not undocking.

Yes will remember to check

I believe the undocking thing may have been a bug on KSP's part actually in prior versions, so it might not show up now. Either way, it'll be difficult to find until the parts get a bit of use in-game, and even then the fix is just going into the config and changing some values. It was more an issue with how docking ports worked rather than a fault of the parts, so I don't think it's something we need to worry about right now.

I believe the undocking thing may have been a bug on KSP's part actually in prior versions, so it might not show up now. Either way, it'll be difficult to find until the parts get a bit of use in-game, and even then the fix is just going into the config and changing some values. It was more an issue with how docking ports worked rather than a fault of the parts, so I don't think it's something we need to worry about right now.

Ah... I see.

man I need to take time off work. Get some work done lol

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think a cool addition to the shuttle model would be the Ku-band antenna. This could work as a transmission device since the shuttle doesn't have one, or there could be some sort of Remote Tech implementation. Here's a picture a reference is needed:

060815_exp5_atlantis_02.jpg?1292264693

Wondering if this is possible or wanted.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think a cool addition to the shuttle model would be the Ku-band antenna. This could work as a transmission device since the shuttle doesn't have one, or there could be some sort of Remote Tech implementation. Here's a picture a reference is needed:

http://i.space.com/images/i/000/001/882/i02/060815_exp5_atlantis_02.jpg?1292264693

Wondering if this is possible or wanted.

I definately can put it in and would love to but I dont want to upset someone by taking a feature that makes their model better and putting it on my version

Unless he is ok with it...

yes I could model remotetech into it and everything.

Space shuttle ultra is a nicely modelled shuttle for another game and the owner has allowed it to be shared in the past. I think that has one on it

Edited by Mike-NZ

I remember using the Space Shuttle Ultra in Orbiter 2010 before coming to Kerbal. If I do remember correctly, it did have one.

Space Shuttle Ultra was insane and complex from what I remember.

I remember using the Space Shuttle Ultra in Orbiter 2010 before coming to Kerbal. If I do remember correctly, it did have one.

Space Shuttle Ultra was insane and complex from what I remember.

If you call that complex, (try to) play some Space Shuttle Mission Simulator....

If you call that complex, (try to) play some Space Shuttle Mission Simulator....

It probably didn't help that I didn't read any documentation or didn't attempt to learn any of the systems. Also didn't help that SSU crashed Orbiter a lot for me.:P