Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

What episode was this? I want to see!

One of his last long 1 hour or so episodes.

I recomend watching his interstellar series. All of his work actually. Thats my break time entertainment. He is awesome

One of his last long 1 hour or so episodes.

I recomend watching his interstellar series. All of his work actually. Thats my break time entertainment. He is awesome

Oh! I remember that one..only,watched the first third of the series then got busy

Im pretty humbled to have some of the top modders spend their time to talk with me and offer assistance. I recently have had ferram help me with the FAR too.

And same goes for all that are here on the forums with their ideas and interest. Thanks to all

So, any word on the new CanadaArm that was being built? The current one is all jacked up, at least mine is. It would be nice to have one preassembled or one that the parts attached easily together.

BTW: Great work Mike, I am so glad to have a working shuttle again!

So, any word on the new CanadaArm that was being built? The current one is all jacked up, at least mine is. It would be nice to have one preassembled or one that the parts attached easily together.

BTW: Great work Mike, I am so glad to have a working shuttle again!

Yes I get asked daily to get the arm working. Im usually working on 2 things at once on my twin pc setup. Its all on when i have time. Usually not till 10 or 11pm.

I will try for tonight

Right. ... Time to test my c# skill and compile a fixed romfarer.

More FAR work done. Getting more stable.

Infernal robotics can handle the complete canadarm but only to an extent. I will keep playing around until I get a working arm

interesting timing.

I introduce:

one piece canadarm!

WTq5pBa.pngec9l5Au.pngZ8zP84Q.pngPm6WSL5.pngX1o79NV.png

- - - Updated - - -

FAR looking good!

sdsu2Ke.png

- - - Updated - - -

also I am about to recompile romfarer

- - - Updated - - -

Uploading my (finally) finished Canadarm atm ;-) Saves you a lotta work.

cant wait to see it. definitely replace this one.

also I can make canadarm 2 one piece if wanted

Haha nice one. Your's is a one piece so fits the shuttle better. Great job!

Mine might be a little bit different. Its the Canadarm 1, has a camera in the effector for IVA use and uses a magnet. I also have modelled the "cloth" around it. Your model is better looking though.

Edited by Jeast

this is the stock one jeast. I can make yours one piece. quite easy to do.

im scrapping this one. was just a test for me and my one piece ideas

- - - Updated - - -

hours of key mashing and brain straining and im slowly learning things... c sharp is still new to e though

nonono don't do that, first compare both. As I said your model is a little more detailed so maybe thats the one. Ill compile a link with pic for ya, one moment.

Canadarm.jpg?raw=true

I am still working on the model + textures but the IR stuff is completely done. Let me know if I should continue to upgrade, if you decide to use yours thats totally fine with me (ive been on holiday for a while so ;-))

I have compiled a test version so it can be used.

https://github.com/Jeast85/Canadarm/releases

Edited by Jeast

I actually think it would be cool if the grapple fixture acted like a docking port which Canadarm could attatch too... That's basically how it works IRL... I think it would add a sense of realism... Also I think it would be cool if it was on both ends of Canadarm2.... Again, that's how it is IRL.

I actually think it would be cool if the grapple fixture acted like a docking port which Canadarm could attatch too... That's basically how it works IRL... I think it would add a sense of realism... Also I think it would be cool if it was on both ends of Canadarm2.... Again, that's how it is IRL.

Yes you are right. The only thing is that using docking ports makes it wobble like heck. Using a magnet (I used the KAS magnet) makes it very, very stable. Try it yourself. No wobble at all, it feels like its one part.

- - - Updated - - -

I can send you back a one piece version if you like.

it does look good.

good to hear from you by the way

Sure thing man, give it a spin! :-)

Where is the download for the shuttle landing facility and launch stuff? All I want is that.

You want it for the buran im guessing. It does look good aye. Wonder if you will want tbe romfarer arm too? Working one piece arm on the shuttle

buddy non of that is done yet. stay tuned tho
You want it for the buran im guessing. It does look good aye. Wonder if you will want tbe romfarer arm too? Working one piece arm on the shuttle
I actually want it for my AB Launchers Buran along with my ShadowWorks shuttle. I only want a few parts of DECQ's Buran replica such as the arm and airlock. I'm not really a huge fan of direct replicas in KSP.

Would be happy to beta though!