Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Still trying to make it a launchpad. I'm trying to recreate the STS-125/STS-400 photograph. EDIT: Yes there will be. Just busy now.

M7OFiim.png

Edited by Bev7787

I like where this is going.

Also a message to liquid hype and tristan: there are only a few basic colliders on the mesh so somr parts you can fall through...

(Ramps have the convex collider set in unity editor)

Questions/Issues about the RO version:

Orbiter.cfg is missing a bracket in the RCS section. Fixing that got me RCS, but the rear thrusters appear to be firing perpendicular to their actual orientation. The makes attitude control problematic to say the least, particularly during OMS burns.

During initial ascent, she really doesn't want to pitch over, and max-q gets way higher than the real thing, even with half-throttle (lower than the actual engines could throttle) set at launch. I saw max-q of 50,000 pa. Maybe too much thrust in the SRBs? After SRB seperation TWR is right about 1.0 so that seems right.

Speaking of SRB Sep, those things go nuts at separation. usually banging into the ET, with a lot of rotation applied to them. I looks like the nosecone rockets are way to powerful. I know the real things separate while still producing a small amount of thrust so I experimented with that with mixed results, even right before they burn out with less than 5% rated thrust they still try to outrun the orbiter.

*edit* I've been going through the numbers and the SRBs are overpowered and way too light. The SRBs weigh half as much as they should and have a good 10% extra thrust. As a test a set them to half thrust in the VAB to get a 1.5T TWR and that resulted in a much more reasonable ascent, still with a crazy separation though.

I haven't forgotten about this, but hard to find time to edit.

if anyone can make some good changes I will be hapy, and update this

I'm having problems with the crawler as far as control... if I put all the tracks on straight, the support stick out on the right side and it looks weird, but I can drive straight, but I can turn. On the other hand, if i reverse the tracks on the right side so it looks right, then the controls get weird: forward causes it to drive forward slowly and turn one direction, and if i reverse then it turns the other way and still moves forward...

I know. the tracks are there JUST to hold it up for now. they will be animated, turn and drive when I have time. im so flat out.

im not sure I should be releasing ANYTHING at all yet. but if people want my unfinished work regardless, its there

got better pics coming

- - - Updated - - -

see how I waste my time? lol

- - - Updated - - -

putting this in the soviet pack

- - - Updated - - -

looks silly on that pad.

redoing the base mesh...

- - - Updated - - -

wmJDWKU.jpg1IToNx3.pngOQjXj9x.jpgPJgRLdz.jpgVMD4QII.jpgEu9ZptU.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

YES....

- - - Updated - - -

any takers?

- - - Updated - - -

just need to add the lifting arm

got better pics coming

- - - Updated - - -

see how I waste my time? lol

- - - Updated - - -

putting this in the soviet pack

- - - Updated - - -

looks silly on that pad.

redoing the base mesh...

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/wmJDWKU.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/1IToNx3.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/OQjXj9x.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/PJgRLdz.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/VMD4QII.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Eu9ZptU.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

YES....

- - - Updated - - -

any takers?

- - - Updated - - -

just need to add the lifting arm

The rate of which you are pumping out these pads is pretty impressive to say the least :) Wish my work day wasn't so freakin' long...

Mike- you gonna go back and basically redo FASA? Get Apollo, Gemini and Mercury too? Or is your plan to go a different way after this? Just curious what you're thinking long term.

For what it's worth, there are tons of good designs that were never flown, mostly for budget reasons. I always wanted to see what an alternate shuttle program would have been like. If they'd gone for something smaller, just for crew and expeditions, sort of the best bits of Apollo and Shuttle fused together. Reusability without an uber-complex structure behind it.

Loving the work so far.

Can't wait to see the Dyna-Soar

Mike- you gonna go back and basically redo FASA? Get Apollo, Gemini and Mercury too? Or is your plan to go a different way after this? Just curious what you're thinking long term.

FASA is still an active mod, so there isn't much point in doing that unless Mike actually wanted to make his own.

For what it's worth, there are tons of good designs that were never flown, mostly for budget reasons. I always wanted to see what an alternate shuttle program would have been like. If they'd gone for something smaller, just for crew and expeditions, sort of the best bits of Apollo and Shuttle fused together. Reusability without an uber-complex structure behind it.

Loving the work so far.

Can't wait to see the Dyna-Soar

FASA is still an active mod, but it doesn't have DynaSoar.

Mike, make a Dyna-Soar!

Yes I like the idea of future or cancelled ideas as well as improving current required items becsuse stock parts just isnt enough.

Primarily shuttle related and all related. Dont want to redo far. Its good as.

Yes I like the idea of future or cancelled ideas as well as improving current required items becsuse stock parts just isnt enough.

Primarily shuttle related and all related. Dont want to redo far. Its good as.

Will FASA has some nova parts. I suppose a dive in to the Apollo Applications Program would be really interesting.