Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Recreated the plan for STS-1, a RTLS abort demonstration. this plan was later changed to what flew, because the astros vetoed the idea. Powered turn around was pretty terrifying. There should be presets in the texture changing thing to make different orbiters with the click of a button.

http://i.imgur.com/xFCgTEs.png

I don't understand half of this.

it has texture switching...?

this update fixes rcs, adds cargobay detail, camera, coms dish, data transmit function and craft files for one piece and far ready orbiter, as well as update for spacelab (still WIP)

RO patch is up next

Working through RO. Adjusted booster thrust, removed double up in fuels from ET. Adjusted weights, made craft file, adjusted booster seperation strength...

- - - Updated - - -

Will try for american pack and dreamer adjustmemts tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Will a one minute burn time for the srb be recomended for RO? Also what is a recommended TWR? About 1.5?

Working through RO. Adjusted booster thrust, removed double up in fuels from ET. Adjusted weights, made craft file, adjusted booster seperation strength...

- - - Updated - - -

Will try for american pack and dreamer adjustmemts tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Will a one minute burn time for the srb be recomended for RO? Also what is a recommended TWR? About 1.5?

I know that the srb's burn for about 2 minutes

Quick update on the installer idea:

Mike and I are working together to figure out the best way to create an all in one installer for the mod. It will be released from Mike. I am basically just giving him some advice on the installer. Unknown timeline on when that will occur. More than likely the installer won't happen for about a week or more from now, maybe sooner. Honestly, we have no clue on when that might come into affect.

Mike, remember that the SRBs are still burning at seperation, but at low thrust. I can remember the SRBs thrust dropping as it approches cutoff being modeled in the CSS when you took over, don't know if thats changed since.. but anyways set the burn time until cutoff for about 2 mins and 20 to 30 seconds, based on the wikipedia page's given sep time of about T+126. For the TWR, thrust and weight stats should be pretty easily availible from wikipedia too.

I just have one problem with all of this: When I strap Jeb to the nose of the Shuttle, I don't gain any aerodynamic improvements. This may have to do with the tape I'm using, or the fact that Squad changed the aerodynamic elasticity of a Kerbal, but I'd expect to gain something! But I did find out you can use the solid boosters as an effective alarm clock. I'm currently banned from living in cities.