Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Some ideas about the parachute casing? I did not really find some closeup RL footage, yet.

- - - Updated - - -

but there is dropped some 'drogue' part for the drag chute.

See this is were it gets confusing. Is this for the new enfine mount or old one?

- - - Updated - - -

EngineMount2 was the one with issues but this is named EngineMount?

- - - Updated - - -

I know i sound like a broken record. But the download needs sorted out. Yea this a dev thread but why have 4 crew cabin models and 2 engine mount models and 3 oms models and 2 tail control models and 2 tail models and all the different booseters. I just dont get it i guess. And before you go and say if i dont like it dont download it all im saying is its too confusing to have all that stuff. How can we do testing if we are all using diiferent combs of 15 to 20 different models?

- - - Updated - - -

The 2 tail models are ok.

What we do is Mike likes you guys to test stuff out before it will be put in the official updates. The official updates will be done via Mini AVC so you will receive a message in KSP when there is an update.

So if you don't like to test individual parts and only want official updates I suggest you download the latest release. This one has Mini AVC included so your all set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ALRjYUGKH7dktBUG9nVXZKamM/view?usp=sharing

* Mike would you please put this on the first post as latest official release?

Edited by Jeast

Ok the one you posted has 2 Tail Control Models, 4 Crew Cabin models, 5 Booster models, and 2 different booster decouplers. So how is it any better? Having all those parts is pointless and confusing. There is no need for all the different models.

Yes I know but thats how Mike wants it do be. So that you all have choice. The way I work around this is create one you like (or use the included craft file) and save it.

* Mike, we need those flying instructions removed from the first post as well.

I will post how i have my CSS folder and parts setup for anyone who wants to trim the redundant parts and textures.

Trimmed Folder and Craft File

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest pick one set of models and use them. When you change something dont add a new model just update the one you already have. If you look at my folder I have removed all the redundant parts and textures also move some models around. like i put the nose gear in the Crew Compartment folder so i could trim the CSS Nose folder out and i fixed the configs for the right and left oms engines and trimmed the regular oms out, I took all the boosters out but the one that fits best with my white texture.

I need feedback to make final selection.

Cheech its not in the final release stage yet.

you complained about the engine mount so there it is. You cane have it early if u want it. Thats why I posted it. I think any part updates I will not send you anymore but only pm my good testers.

Keep up the complaints in a non constructive way and I will exclude you from the development team.

Im not stupid, I underatand what you mean, stop complaining or just wait for the next full release or the final.

Doo what everyone else does and delete the unwanted parts and dont make decisions for others.

Non constructive? How are my comments not constructive? I gave you the solution. I think you have to much going on. I commented that engine mount 2 had a collider issue and you redone engine mount 1. And if you dont want advise and criticism then maybe you should not have taken on such an big mod. As for being part of your "development team" everytime i gave you advice you got hostile about it. So i dont feel i was part of it anyway.I was just trying to make it easier for everyone but you want to make as difficult and as confusing as possible. If you make a new part put it in a new folder so people who dont want it dont have to guess what to delete. There ya go my last advice for you. I been playing KSP since it was alpha and seen many modders fail do to disorganization and treating criticism and an attack. Im just trying to help. How can you expect us to test things when there are so many of the same parts. You even messed it up and got confused on the engine mount.

- - - Updated - - -

I have some ideas. If you would like to hear them let me know.

We need to self moderate here. There will be no more discussion about the file size, file organization, or anything of that matter. Cheech you have made it abundantly clear that you are unhappy about the state of how the current CSS file structure. There are unnecessary parts but it has been stated several times over that this is not the final iteration of the pack. Mike Cheeche's points are valid its difficult to test parts when we aren't sure which one to test. It might seem simple cull which parts we want and don't want but it can get confusing. Cheech it is not constructive when the point is made over and over again. Especially when your point had been acknowledged. So please lets not derail this thread with trivial quibbles over file structure. There is so much good work going on here.

Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan.jpg

For those who dont want confusion or dont know how parts go into the file structure I suggest waiting for the next full release. If I complete a part I will post it for those who can test it. I could put a note stating that if you don't know how to place it in your game folder then dont download it.

I appreciate suggestions or solutions if they are appropriate for the current stage of the build

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i will not say anything else about it.

Mike you are doing GREAT work here. Thank you for you time and patience.

Yeah I do have alot going on and doing quick fixes at 3 in the morning before sleep and a 10 hour work day ahead, I make mistakes.

I will keep working on things tho... some things work, some dont...