Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Ok. If i find something that works ill put the config on dropbox to maybe go into a version of the mod.

I found ModuleLiftingSurface in the config but no aerosurface. Same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Com Col are out of align. Thats why it pitches up really hard and is unpredictable at times. http://i.imgur.com/JmeHDas.png

- - - Updated - - -

I got it flyin Pretty good. Moved back the col and gave some brick flight attributes. Still needs some work. Still pulls 8 g turns if not careful but its a start. Com is low. It needs to be higher. http://i.imgur.com/yCJqvDp.png

Good job. Thanks for giving the aero a go, tou seem to have figured it out. I can focus on other things while you sort that out.

Module aero surface is same as module control surface but more advanced I believe.

Lifting surface for body and wings

See how complex the tail config is lol. That took some thinking and modeling...

I will apply your work to mod if you think its good enough

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I lowered com to be under col so heavy part stays below lift part to prevent rolls. Just my way of thinking. Ksp maybe dont work that way. Dunno

Good job. Thanks for giving the aero a go, tou seem to have figured it out. I can focus on other things while you sort that out.

Module aero surface is same as module control surface but more advanced I believe.

Lifting surface for body and wings

See how complex the tail config is lol. That took some thinking and modeling...

I will apply your work to mod if you think its good enough

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I lowered com to be under col so heavy part stays below lift part to prevent rolls. Just my way of thinking. Ksp maybe dont work that way. Dunno

The com moves back when the mono/xenon tank empty. Not sure why. Ill put the edited parts folder on dropbox. Fly the shuttle and give me some feedback if you want. If the Col is above the com the aero gets a little wonky. I took a look at the tail config. Oh lord. The tail needs some adjusting. Im gonna have some fun lol.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlblj8uw69l7sv9/Parts.zip?dl=0

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

Tail is structured just right to have all the features. Conyrol surface, both speed brakes rotating different ways, aeto etc. You can of course change aero but change other things and it will be strange to operate.

The 'internal fuel tank' is at models COM. When it drains the engines become the heavy part so weight is shifted there.

Set it up so when its empty or near empty the com is at its optimum position.

During ascent it will be front heavy but it doesnt matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Its friday 3.30pm here so still at work. But weekend ahead. Should get lots done hopefully

Nice new vid.

Brings back lots of memories.

Great work.

Cheers.

Yes I enjoyed the video alot. Wish I had time to play. Havent played ksp properly since 1.0.

Thanks for your appreciation, the mod will keep getting better over time...

No doubt.

It is the best shuttle, by far.

Flight is honest. No frills, just that 'space truck feel'.

really nice job.

Cheers.

Thanks again. Appreciate it. Its been alot of work but I enjoy it and I am learning as I go.

Just have to put up with the mistakes I make sometimes

Tail is structured just right to have all the features. Conyrol surface, both speed brakes rotating different ways, aeto etc. You can of course change aero but change other things and it will be strange to operate.

The 'internal fuel tank' is at models COM. When it drains the engines become the heavy part so weight is shifted there.

Set it up so when its empty or near empty the com is at its optimum position.

During ascent it will be front heavy but it doesnt matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Its friday 3.30pm here so still at work. But weekend ahead. Should get lots done hopefully

Ok. I went back in a re-distributed lift and fixed com/col positions. When the tanks empty the com moves to the col. I also re balanced the control surfaces for the brick flight.. Im really happy with it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlblj8uw69l7sv9/Parts.zip?dl=0 I think its update worthy. But thats for you to decide. I think i got the hang of this. Its alot easier than it looks. But i still have alot to learn!

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

thank you so much. will test soon and upload.

I have been taking it easy tonight (long day) so I have been remodeling the x15.

aero, animated landing gear, kerbal seat and attachment to 747. fun fun

about to look into ISS issues soon too

Frostsid. Would you pls remove my name from the video? I did nothing compared to Mike and all of my work is long time rendered invalid, nothing left because all of the changes made till this day. 110% of the cred should go to Mike ;)

Hey Jeast, sorry for the late answer.

My intention was, aside from promoting this mod, to show my appreciation for the people working on it. And I remember back in the beginning that you were a big part on this. So that was the reason to include your name. But if you don't want it I respect that and I'll remove it as soon as possible.

(inception-ing an idea into your head...)

x-20

yes..!

- - - Updated - - -

also did some model and config-trickery and got the rcs going properly

can adjust thrust power and everything so its balanced

OplWIGI.jpg

but this requires the mod called RCSFX

Hey Jeast, sorry for the late answer.

My intention was, aside from promoting this mod, to show my appreciation for the people working on it. And I remember back in the beginning that you were a big part on this. So that was the reason to include your name. But if you don't want it I respect that and I'll remove it as soon as possible.

Thank you very much, appreciate it :-)

fixed link

just need to sort dock and check rcs. I don't think it has translate left and right yet

- - - Updated - - -

I will just leave this here. moves on wheels too.

nah no one will want it right?

y5Eri8s.pngzBsjY23.png